Frequent Contributor

Re: I just can't buy a Dooney that...

No one is saying we're buying; some of us are not fans of the rather large logo.  I have older D &B bags and the logos on them are smaller so I think I'm qualified,  as some others, when we "complain".  Thanks for chiming in though.

Esteemed Contributor

wow

Regular Contributor

I feel this Dooney appears "cheaper" than most Dooney's.  I like the leather woven look but I don't like the Gold Dooney labelling that appears glued on the front of the bag and I really don't like the shorter handles simply stitched on with no hardware!  It reminds me too much of a "fake" Dooney due to the above.  I'll wait and see what the retail version looks like in the stores.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much done with Dooney anyway, but agree, the name spelled out across the front of the bag isn't a selling point. In fact, it was initially a deal breaker for me.  Then, once I saw the bag presented, I realized I simply didn't like anything about the bag. I think the last Dooney TSV that actually caught my eye must've now been about three years ago. I too prefer a hangtag or less obtrusive logo unless I'm buying a bag because I happen to like the name or initials being part of the design.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

What I am getting tired of is QVC showing the same 15 or so bags, over and over again.  Would like presentations on some of the other bags in inventory.

This...  and I'd add that an expanded inventory that doesn't rely on Dooney and Bourke on a near daily basis might be nice too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Okay, this will make many of you laugh.  I don't spend time in high end stores.  Yesterday, had to return something to Carsons and walked through the handbag department to get to the shoes department to return some boots.  I saw Dooney lettered name plates up front, noticed Michael Kors has it on his bags and saw my first Brahmins in person.

The lettered name plates detract from the bag in my opinion.  Also wasn't wowwed by the Brahmin bags.  Then again the Brahmins were only in the $400 range so maybe the really pricey ones would do something for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I also don't like the sewn on straps and made just for QVC. Makes me really wonder about the quality! The other ones I've gotten made for QVC were definitely different quality than in the store.  And I don't use the key thing or small wallet thing. Teal was pretty color though. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for it either, very distracting to me. I don't care for the name plate look, just as I never cared for the bags covered in DB....I only own one D&B, it's one in the Florentine leather that I got at the Q outlet store. I only regret that I didn't buy another one in the green, when I bought the tommbrown color...I got a great deal on it $200.. and I love this bag.

I also will not buy any bag that does not have at least one outside pocket somewhere on it !!! 

I really hate that they closed the two Outlet stores that I could shop at..they were always busy at the one closest to me. The other one was at Myrtle Beach..I miss shopping at the outlets.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

I also don't like the sewn on straps and made just for QVC. Makes me really wonder about the quality! The other ones I've gotten made for QVC were definitely different quality than in the store.  And I don't use the key thing or small wallet thing. Teal was pretty color though. 

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but your nic made me chuckle.  I LOVE Adam Lambert!!

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, this will make many of you laugh.  I don't spend time in high end stores.  Yesterday, had to return something to Carsons and walked through the handbag department to get to the shoes department to return some boots.  I saw Dooney lettered name plates up front, noticed Michael Kors has it on his bags and saw my first Brahmins in person.

The lettered name plates detract from the bag in my opinion.  Also wasn't wowwed by the Brahmin bags.  Then again the Brahmins were only in the $400 range so maybe the really pricey ones would do something for me.

I agree with you, birdmama! EEL Woman Happy