Super Contributor

I just can't buy a Dooney that...

has the tacky gold name plate logo/ letters on the front.  $300+ for a bag with that name plate just  kills it for me.  Am I alone? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I just can't buy a Dooney that...

Not alone, but it looks better to me than a whole bag of initials.  I'm done with that whether it's Dooney or Coach or even Louis Vuitton (as if I'm ever spending that for a handbag).

Super Contributor

I agree but I just feel that Dooney has used much better logos than this and my wallet will be happy if this is their new "norm". 

Trusted Contributor

I don't find the gold plate tacky but I'm buying less D&B's because their hardware is always gold.  Some of the colors just look better in silvertone.  Don't know why it's so hard to find bags, no matter the manufacturer, with something other then gold hardware.  

I bought one of the last orYANY TSV's because the grey bag had silver hardware and looked very chic.

Esteemed Contributor

Hate that LOCK LOGO - it weighs a pound - and who thought that up?  The duck was stupid but a lock?  I've considered having it blow-torched removed but it keeps the outside flap closed.  No more D&B for me.

Frequent Contributor

I cant understand why people put dooney down for the reasons they do. Every designer has the same logos that they all switch around. They are all heavy when you pile your things in. My goodness, at least be fair when you complain. Or even better, don't buy what you don't like!
Respected Contributor

Yeah, who do they think they are, Joy Mangano??  Lol. 

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Hate that LOCK LOGO - it weighs a pound - and who thought that up?  The duck was stupid but a lock?  I've considered having it blow-torched removed but it keeps the outside flap closed.  No more D&B for me.

I bought 2 LOGO Lock bags when they were the TSV years ago.  For me, it's one of the best bags D&B has done.  Very thick, soft leather.  I personally love the lock and best of all, with no hardware, the bag goes with everything.

What I am getting tired of is QVC showing the same 15 or so bags, over and over again.  Would like presentations on some of the other bags in inventory.

Honored Contributor

Those odd handles sticking up are not attractive, wouldn't matter to me if they were, I don't buy Made in China bags.

If I'm spending $300, I'm buying a Firenze made in Italy or a Lancel made in France.

Frequent Contributor

No you not alone.  They're beautiful bags except the huge logos are distracting away from the beauty of the bag.  I think the emblem on my car is about the same size.  Some of the manufacturers are making their logos bigger, even my girlfriends have noticed it.  My goodness,  I don't think we need to be chastised either for voicing our opinion either.