Honored Contributor

Re: I bought my first Kate Spade yesterday

@Laura14 wrote:

Okay the color didn't come out.  They are both actually a deep plum and yes I am loving her bags already.  This is the heaviest bag I've ever carried.  It just screams with quality and me.  I am a purple, bling, whiplash lover and I got it all in one.    

@Laura14  How are you liking your new bag?  I saw one online for a good price that I want to purchase.  Can you wear this over the shoulder with the shorter straps and is it heavy?

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  Yes it is a heavy bag.  Not horribly so but it does have weight to it. 

I am a tiny thing who doesn't do big bags with weight and, while I wouldn't take it for an all day shopping spree, I could since it does have a crossbody strap, I'd much prefer my smaller bags for that.  As a work bag, excellent!

You can put it over your shoulder IF you do not have a coat ot some other bulky clothing.  I would answer that yes to the summer and no to the colder times of the year.  But again, there is a crossbody strap for that.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Pecky  Yes it is a heavy bag.  Not horribly so but it does have weight to it. 

I am a tiny thing who doesn't do big bags with weight and, while I wouldn't take it for an all day shopping spree, I could since it does have a crossbody strap, I'd much prefer my smaller bags for that.  As a work bag, excellent!

You can put it over your shoulder IF you do not have a coat ot some other bulky clothing.  I would answer that yes to the summer and no to the colder times of the year.  But again, there is a crossbody strap for that.    

@Laura14  I am tiny too so I don't usually carry large heavy bags.  I dont think I would carry this on a long day of shopping but to work and out to dinner would be great.  Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.