Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-22-2014

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@151949 wrote:

Wow - so busy nit picking at a word that they entirely miss the point of the thread. Sad .


Nope, didn't miss the point.... It sounds like there are a few things you don't really like about the bag, therefore, you cannot really "be in love" with it.... so, the simple conclusion is, if you don't really love it, then don't buy it for that price. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 61,500
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....

TK, I knew what you meant...  My remarks were going in a different direction, but I agree, for me, there are too many down sides to this bag for me to 'love' it.   Hence, my statement that I like but don't love it.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,185
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@Neecole wrote:

I love it, but it doesn't love me...

Hoping the 3rd try ordering the black is the charm!

I got the lavender croco this week and it had scratches and "the smell", I also got the camo and liked it, but just don't think I would wear it enough, so back they went.

I do love the black, but all this back and forth really does takes the fun out of it. Maybe the Universe is tring to tell me something? I got the milano snake this week too, (not as-is) and the bag looked tired, worn and the handle hardware looked like it had been repaired.


 Shouldn't be so hard. Sorry. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,185
Registered: ‎04-29-2015

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....

[ Edited ]

Well they say love is blind, but my infatuation with the Roma3 has come to an end.

 

After giving up on two lavendar croco's with "the smell," I moved on to my black baby roma. I noticed right away that the tassel was making the corner of the bag sink forward, so I removed it. But still, the leather is so soft, without any use it started doubling over and then falling down.

 

In my view, if a bag 1.) doesn't have a shoulder strap long enough to work as a crossbody; 2.) doesn't have handles long enough to work as a shoulder bag; or 3.) doesn't have enough structure to stand up on its own and work as a satchel, then I just have to give up and move on.

 

It's heartbreak for me, but I really tried. Smiley Sad I am thrilled for everyone who received good Roma3s and are pleased with their purchases.

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-22-2014

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@Serendipity wrote:

Well they say love is blind, but my infatuation with the Roma3 has come to an end.

 

After giving up on two lavendar croco's with "the smell," I moved on to my black baby roma. I noticed right away that the tassel was making the corner of the bag sink forward, so I removed it. But still, the leather is so soft, without any use it started doubling over and then falling down.

 

In my view, if a bag 1.) doesn't have a shoulder strap long enough to work as a crossbody; 2.) doesn't have handles long enough to work as a shoulder bag; or 3.) doesn't have enough structure to stand up on its own and work as a satchel, then I just have to give up and move on.

 

It's heartbreak for me, but I really tried. Smiley Sad I am thrilled for everyone who received good Roma3s and are pleased with their purchases.

 

 


I like your analogy. Too bad some people don't have a sense of humor..... Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you....but you can definitely find a better way to spend those $400 you just saved yourself! A bag you don't love isn't worth much. A bag for $200 with defects is useless. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 61,500
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....

True enough... You shouldn't have to work to try and love a bag... Either you love it or you don't.   Not to say that bags can't grow on you over time, but when they start out with so many strike outs, what are the odds of it growing on you!?


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-22-2014

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@stevieb wrote:

True enough... You shouldn't have to work to try and love a bag... Either you love it or you don't.   Not to say that bags can't grow on you over time, but when they start out with so many strike outs, what are the odds of it growing on you!?


This reminds me of my "relationship" with that grey Florentine saddle D&B bag, remember? I liked everything about it, except for how darn narrow it was! I gave it a try but it simply wasn't worth it. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-22-2014

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....

OMG, Jill M posted a pic of a pen on her FB and said: "Accidentally stole this pen today...SCORE!!!" Wow, I have no words.... am I the only one thinking this is wrong on more than one level?!?!
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,286
Registered: ‎08-30-2013

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@tough_kitty wrote:
OMG, Jill M posted a pic of a pen on her FB and said: "Accidentally stole this pen today...SCORE!!!" Wow, I have no words.... am I the only one thinking this is wrong on more than one level?!?!

Very, very tacky and schmaltzy, TK! Thumbs down!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,286
Registered: ‎08-30-2013

Re: I am in love with the Roma 3 but....


@Serendipity wrote:

Well they say love is blind, but my infatuation with the Roma3 has come to an end.

 

After giving up on two lavendar croco's with "the smell," I moved on to my black baby roma. I noticed right away that the tassel was making the corner of the bag sink forward, so I removed it. But still, the leather is so soft, without any use it started doubling over and then falling down.

 

In my view, if a bag 1.) doesn't have a shoulder strap long enough to work as a crossbody; 2.) doesn't have handles long enough to work as a shoulder bag; or 3.) doesn't have enough structure to stand up on its own and work as a satchel, then I just have to give up and move on.

 

It's heartbreak for me, but I really tried. Smiley Sad I am thrilled for everyone who received good Roma3s and are pleased with their purchases.

 

 


All good reasons to send them back, Serendipity! At least you really analyzed the handbags and tried to make them work. It is disappointing when you like a handbag and then it doesn't turn out the way you expected it to...the good news is that you have other handbags arriving!! Woman Very Happy