Honored Contributor

How to decide on color when you love them all?

I love my Oryany Danielle in Misty Rose and I want to buy a second one in another color. This has turned out to be my most favorite bag ever. It's my Goldilocks bag, not too big, not to small, perfect pockets and I love that I can wear it three ways. I just can't decide on a second color. I wish I could have them all, but that's not going to happen.

Originally I was leaning towards the gray, I don't own a gray bag at all and I love the silvertone hardware which is a nice change of pace from all my gold tone Dooney's. But really I can't think of much in my wardrobe that goes with the gray that I couldn't just wear the misty rose with. 

I love the mushroom multi but it's very neutral and I don't wear anything in that color family, it's a nice pop with black though. Of course I love black, but I have quite a few balck bags but that shouldn't stop me since this is my perfect bag. And black would go with the clothes, like red and wine that I don't think misty rose looks best with. The olive is gorgeous and would look great with the same reds and wines. I'm not really interested in white. 

I just can't decide. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: How to decide on color when you love them all?

[ Edited ]

Based on your detailed analysis, I recommend the olive, since you have black bags and olive is a unique color but neutral at the same time. Besides, better chances to get a brand new bag vs someone's return although I think olive sold out too by the end of the day...

Valued Contributor

Get olive "as is" for $144!
Honored Contributor

I'm still on the fence. I put mushroom multi and gray in my cart. My rational side says I should go with black. Because it's my perfect handbag.

Valued Contributor

Well, you can always get a few on easy pay and then decide which one to keep....
Honored Contributor

I started thinking about it and realized that it would be easier to just elemenate the couple red and wine pieces in my wardrobe than worry about having a handbag that matched them. I use to wear wine a lot but I've tapered off in the last few years. 

Ity sort of came to a head today when I decided to wear a wine dress and I didn't like the way the misty rose looked with it so I changed purses to my black Dooney Flo medium pocket satchel. 

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:
Well, you can always get a few on easy pay and then decide which one to keep....

I never do that, but that's an idea. As long as I don't end up keepin both since I have them in my hot little hands lol.

Valued Contributor

Unless one is a color I know I will want to wear more than the others, I go for a color I haven't had in your handbag collection before. My latest? Lipstick red.
Valued Contributor

See, you already have a perfect black bag to go with your wine/red clothes. Now get another color for a change and problem solved Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

It's all subjective, but I returned the olive in this bag. Didn't like the color on the bag at all. However, others do, so.... But if you think this would be the perfect black bag, then why not go for it? Perfect anything is pretty awesome!