Respected Contributor

How to clean satin lining?

[ Edited ]

I have a vintage (not sure just how old, bought it used, had it for several years) Calvin Klein black quilted patent-leather bag. It's small, and I love it for attending things like weddings.

I stupidly left some cough drops in it, and they melted and stuck in several places on the lining. It's a mess! 

Any suggestions for how to clean it without possibly damaging the leather? Also, the lining is satin, but I don't know if it's a silk-satin or a synthetic.

I thought about taking it to a really good dry cleaners that I know of, and may still do that, but would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How to clean satin lining?

@vermint @Could you get it clean with a slightly damp micro fiber cloth?It would need to be in a warm place to completely dry so you don’t get any mold after.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you could try to steam it off but you would need to have a microfiber cloth facing the melted cough drops. I willl probably take a few tries so you don't damage the lining or the bag or spread the drops. That would be my approach. The only other thing I thought of was using an ice cube wrapped inside a microfiber cloth and see if that takes it off.

Good Luck. 

Respected Contributor

@Fressa @dex  Thanks so much for the suggestions!