Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you switch handbags?

@1Professor wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

@Kachina624: Yikes. Life is too short to carry a handbag you hate. (Because I study neuroscience and the brainSmiley Happy It ruins your mood at odd times. Now it not only cost you $$ but happiness. 

It's okay to make an expensive handbag mistake. Really.

It's not okay to let the Handbag Mistake own your days.

@1Professor You are so right. Sometimes they just have to go! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I tend to carry a handbag I love for a long time, up to a month. If the handbag is just okay, I will be out of it quicker. I tend to use darker handbags in the winter here in Chicagoland (dark brown, black, burgundy) but when spring comes in a few days, color reappears through the fall. I change my handbag based on the weather, too (saffiano or non-leather [not fabric]) for rainy or snowy days. And I need to change my handbag to a smaller handbag for a special dinner out or for the opera. I have some Isaac Mizrahi leather tote bags that coordinate with my handbags, so I carry those as well. My latest handbag crush is the Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel, which I have in neon green perforated, burgundy and metallic gold -- all with matching cosmetics and coordinating wallets. Woman Very Happy

Here is the Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel in Turquoise (wanting ...):

West 57th SatchelWest 57th Satchel

Trusted Contributor

Re: I switch based on my outfit. I keep things in an organizer.

I also use an organizer and switch to go with my outfit.   I require an outside pocket for keys and phone, inside secured pocket and base for the organizer.   Switching takes minutes and I always know where things are.  I have purses from school that are still in good shape so I have acquired a "collection" and I enjoy using them all.  Same with shoes and jewerly.  Store things well and they last forever.  Old is always new again in a very short time.  Many "new" styles never went out [ex. animal print].  Calling it "new" gets some people to go out and buy.  I shop my closets first.  I buy if I really want it and seldom on the instant.  Lesson it took me a few years to learn.  My wallet is fatter now and the product quality is still very good.

Respected Contributor

@Gram WYou are indeed organized!

I can actually switch handbags in 30 seconds (when needed)! Everything's in 3 leather pouches, plus sunglasses, plus iPhone.

Honored Contributor

EASY way to get rid of a handbag you dont like anymore.....have two daughters. LOL

they seem to always want the cast offs.......and even the ones you have not used yet. Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this is my current handbag, but i will probably switch it out tomorrowhanks to this thread Smiley Wink..... a bmakowsky studded handbag in a teal/french blue color. it can be a shorter shoulder handbag  when you double the strap, a long shoulder handbag, or a crossbody. i think i bought this a few years ago. ith as a ton of outside and inside pockets.....that is one thing bmak used to do so well!

(not my photo)

@sunshine45 I have that bag, one of my faves. I get comments every time I carry it from all ages of women. A real attention-getter!

I thought about buying the black one, but decided it was too "rocker chick" for my age, so bought it for my daughter. 

We both love this bag!

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

@Kachina624 I love that color, but can understand that sometimes they just don't work out.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I switch every new season; however, I don't have any set time to switch within seasons.  It's more or less whenever the spirit moves me.  Smiley Happy   I'm looking forward to using my new (spring) fuschia pink handbag (birthday gift from DH) starting Easter morning.  Smiley Happy  Love it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@AnikaBrodie I have a fuschia pink Coach leather bag that I just love. Last time I carried it was to a wedding last Spring. Enjoy yours!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

My VB Glenna Bag (Petal Paisley) is winging it's way from the eBay VB store as we speak.  Perfect for Spring I think.  

@hicindy2 I love this pattern and colors. Since I am more likely to wear a print as a top or jacket, I have only a couple of Vera's bags. I do like the light weight!

A pet peeve of mine is seeing ladies with a print blouse and carrying a print Vera bag that totally clashes.

Super Contributor

@1Professor I have more handbags than I ever dreamed of having and enjoy them all. I switch out to a small crossbody if shopping and want my hands free, otherwise I just choose one to go with what I am wearing that day.