Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you switch handbags?

@hicindy2 wrote:

I have this D & B coated cotton and love it.  Someone on this blog recommended it and I am glad I listened.

Ambassador, Ilovedooney currently has the "1975" look Richmond Shopper for a very good price: love the red handles and trim.  

Finally, the trim works with that red DB interior.

Red

Red thumb-1

@hicindy2 @stevieb

Ooh, that floral is lovely! TWO of these bags are currently on eBay, in what I think of as a doctor bag style (very practical):

s-l1600.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy @stevieb

Ooh, that floral is lovely! TWO of these bags are currently on eBay, in what I think of as a doctor bag style (very practical):

s-l1600.jpg

Wow...that print really works with that shape.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

That's why I never purchased a fold over top handbag. The zipper scratches my hand when I reach in which is a deal breaker for me. @Kachina624

Esteemed Contributor

I switch out bags about every two weeks. I have a decent stash, so it's easy. I LOVE, LOVE handbags!!! My weakness. tounge2.gif<- LOL

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:
@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor I've also been hankering to use one of my older (and better...) Romas, so if it's not the Hampshire, it'll probably be the natural ostrich....

Woman Wink

@stevieb: There are days (lately) when I begin to suspect that my Roma 2's and Large Romas will end up being the only GILI bags I adore.

@1Professor That's the conclusion I reached. I tried several other of the Lisa-era Gilis and while they were nice bags, they just didn't do it for me. Of the current era bags I've seen, sorry to say, they just don't look to pass muster with me on many levels, and I don't think that's likely to change. I'll be interested to see what they do with the Roma, but if the pictures I've seen are any indication, I probably won't be going there. It doesn't appear as sturdy, the hardware appears to be different and enough already with the snake prints...

@stevieb @1Professor I agree, and while the prices have gone

up, the quality has gone down along with design. L R had a good

eye for details. I noticed she's telling her followers ( when asked

about her prototype bag ).

I'm working on some exciting things I think you're going to like,so

stay tuned !" Could she be coming out with a line of handbags ??                                                                                                                Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

That's why I never purchased a fold over top handbag. The zipper scratches my hand when I reach in which is a deal breaker for me. @Kachina624

@skyblue I bought two and had quite a few more on my list before I decided the foldover top and short zipper just didn't work for me. I'm glad I stopped when I did. They were pretty, but there is something to be said for form and function...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:
@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor I've also been hankering to use one of my older (and better...) Romas, so if it's not the Hampshire, it'll probably be the natural ostrich....

Woman Wink

@stevieb: There are days (lately) when I begin to suspect that my Roma 2's and Large Romas will end up being the only GILI bags I adore.

@1Professor That's the conclusion I reached. I tried several other of the Lisa-era Gilis and while they were nice bags, they just didn't do it for me. Of the current era bags I've seen, sorry to say, they just don't look to pass muster with me on many levels, and I don't think that's likely to change. I'll be interested to see what they do with the Roma, but if the pictures I've seen are any indication, I probably won't be going there. It doesn't appear as sturdy, the hardware appears to be different and enough already with the snake prints...

@stevieb @1Professor I agree, and while the prices have gone

up, the quality has gone down along with design. L R had a good

eye for details. I noticed she's telling her followers ( when asked

about her prototype bag ).

I'm working on some exciting things I think you're going to like,so

stay tuned !" Could she be coming out with a line of handbags ??                                                                                                                Smiley Happy

Gosh, I hope so @MorningLover... I noted her comments the other day too and found it sort of interesting that she seemed to stop just short of bluntly saying the Q's final version of that bag compared badly to the bag she helped develop.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I used to switch out when the current bag was worn out, but then I started to buy better quality bags thanks to TJ Maxx. Now, I change bags on the 1st of the month so I can enjoy them. Also, if I find that I don't care for a bag after the 2nd time in the rotation, I will get rid of it.

I found a nice Sutton as is in the Sophie Hobo style and I had to get it. I love the Sophie Hobo that I bought in the Olive leather and I have been wanting a bag in the Sutton fabric.
Respected Contributor

I'm a once a week gal, also. I love to change things up

Deb

Respected Contributor

@1Professor, when I worked I switched mine every week also. Now that I am retired, I switch up maybe every month. I am not as obsessed with handbags as I am with makeup. I used to be when I worked but just had to cut back a little.BTW, your bags are stunning!