Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you switch handbags?

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor I've also been hankering to use one of my older (and better...) Romas, so if it's not the Hampshire, it'll probably be the natural ostrich....

Woman Wink

@stevieb: There are days (lately) when I begin to suspect that my Roma 2's and Large Romas will end up being the only GILI bags I adore.

Honored Contributor

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been forcing myself to carry this bag all winter despite the fact that I hate it.  I paid too much not to use it and I get tons of compliments on it.

It's a dark hole inside, won't open wide enough to find anything despite having an organizer.  I couldn't count the times I've had to empty the whole bag to find something.  It's beautiful but non-functional.

a254948_191.jpg

@Kachina624: Yikes. Life is too short to carry a handbag you hate. (Because I study neuroscience and the brainSmiley Happy It ruins your mood at odd times. Now it not only cost you $$ but happiness. 

It's okay to make an expensive handbag mistake. Really.

It's not okay to let the Handbag Mistake own your days.

Honored Contributor

when the handle falls off..............................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom I do love that flame bag. Glad you decided to keep it.

I'm glad you kept saying how much you liked it. It encouraged me to give it another try. I'm generally reluctant to carry a bag that I think I want to return and in this case carrying it showed me how much I loved it after all. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

a254948_191.jpg

I hear you, I don't like my Flo satchel either. I hate that it takes two hands to open the bag because of the zipped foldover. I'll never buy another bag with a foldover zip top. Plus it has no organization at all. Just a couple small pockets and one zip. Like you said, it's a black hole. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Almost every day.  Depends on what I am wearing and what is going on that day.  Today it was raining and I was out doing little errands.  Brighton's Zoom crossbody was perfect.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I switch out bags every month, sometimes it's every other week. It really depends on how lazy I am feeling!

Honored Contributor

I switch every new season; however, I don't have any set time to switch within seasons.  It's more or less whenever the spirit moves me.  Smiley Happy   I'm looking forward to using my new (spring) fuschia pink handbag (birthday gift from DH) starting Easter morning.  Smiley Happy  Love it. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I switch my daily carry bag seasonally but frequently when I get dressed for church or to go out for the evening my daily bag won't do and I have to switch to something more appropriate for my outfit.

When I was working I wore scrubs to work so I never had to wear a nice purse to match. And now, retired, I have a very casual Florida lifestyle.I don't need a particularly special bag to match my capis and t shirts.