Respected Contributor

How often do you switch handbags?

All the posts by my Handbag-loving Sisters seem to be talking about getting/using their Spring bags.

Here, let me confess that I switch out bags every week. It's the same way I feel about shoes: I might wear a pair 2 days in a row, but not all week. *studies show the brain loves novelty*

This week I carried:

Sunflower.png

MelbourneElisa.jpeg

Pink.png

Love to hear YOUR switching-out handbag patterns/rituals!

Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you switch handbags?

I don't switch often.  I have a half dozen bags I rotate between.  They are all neutral.  If you like switching often, go for it.  

Honored Contributor

i was at once a month, but i realized how many handbags i have and how often i use them. they practically need their own bedroom! LOL

i am now down to about every two weeks or so, but i would LOVE to get down to every week!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I switch seasonally but rarely go back and use a bag a second time.  I get tired of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Ummm, I have one nice leather bag, one faux leather bag, one travelon nylon bag and one cotton blend backpack.  That's it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor I have too many bags, so I like to switch often, as well.  That gives me the chance to carry all of them.  Love the bags you posted!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama, I am pretty much a one-at-a-time bag gal myself, lol.  However, I indulge about every year & a half in a new designer hobo bag.  I am currently an orYANY fan & I am about ready to hit the "submit" button on the Michelle in Smoke.  I really really want that bag.  

Respected Contributor

I switch based on my outfit. I keep things in an organizer.

I switch based on my outfit. I keep things in an organizer.

Honored Contributor

Re: I switch based on my outfit. I keep things in an organizer.

I used to switch them out with the seasons and sometimes more often, but now that my employer lets me work from home full-time, I rarely switch out bags anymore. However, I do carry my small Dooney on the weekends and save my larger satchel for those occasions when I have to drive into the office.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: I switch based on my outfit. I keep things in an organizer.

this is my current handbag, but i will probably switch it out tomorrowhanks to this thread Smiley Wink..... a bmakowsky studded handbag in a teal/french blue color. it can be a shorter shoulder handbag  when you double the strap, a long shoulder handbag, or a crossbody. i think i bought this a few years ago. ith as a ton of outside and inside pockets.....that is one thing bmak used to do so well!

(not my photo)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein