Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you swap out your handbag?

[ Edited ]

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. I use a large D&B black hobo in fall/winter as my every day bag. If traveling, I switch to a lg. LV since it holds everything and I consider it neutral. I pack a crossbody, large TUMI black nylon bag to use while there sightseeing. 

Last summer, I yearned (kinda strong word for a bag, but fits) for a lighter colored, but neutral bag. White, off white, etc. seemed not practical for me. Any shade of neutral/natural brown or tan leather didn’t work since none of my clothing/shoes are in that family. I reluctantly chose a large leather D&B hobo in a pale grey w/ tan trim. 

Well, I’ve used that grey bag last spring/summer and this spring/summer without changing it out...except for travel or a smaller evening/dinner bag. 

Regular Contributor

On average once every two weeks or so.  Sometimes, like this past 3 months while traveling in an RV, I only took 2 of my handbags (lightweight nylon bags) and used them only for the 3 months.  In the winter I use my 3 leather bags - two in black and one in olive green - and I change them out maybe every two or three weeks.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have an everday bag, but I switch it out regularly because I like to coordinate my fashions. WOOHOO to those of us that enjoy swapping out handbags regularly👍

~~~All we need is love❤

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Rarely. I really don't like carrying a purse. I have camera bags in saddle tan from Radley London and Brahmin black croco embossed leather that I use for everyday, with the Radley London bag being used 85% of the time. I have a navy leather Coach tote that I use then I travel. That's pretty much it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never been inclined to change handbags all that frequently.  Always purchased good quality leather with adequate number of compartments to keep me organized, and carried them for ages.   I prefer black leather most of the time, but also like the sand/oatmeal color for summer.    I also have a few smaller bags for evening which I like to use.   I could never switch bags several times a week.

Honored Contributor

I have whittled down what I carry in a bag now. So all I use are crossbody bags. I switch them out about ever 2 weeks or so. 

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

No set time. I do it whenever the mood hits... Unless I'm traveling. Then I have the Radley flat crossbody, and I use that.
Super Contributor

Quite often! I don’t care a whole lot in them so changing bags isn’t difficult. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Esteemed Contributor

Ditto on the  wooHoo !

. I swap out my handbag every day to coordinate with my outfit . I believe if you take such effort in coordinating an outfit for  work than  take the time   to coordinate  a handbag.  I like to switch out my bags regularly to preserve the leather . If you use the same handbag day after day  for months on end , this can put some wear and tear on the leather.   For work I used a large bag  and literally  carried  everything in it .  For evenings out  ,I keep it a small bag with essentials . Traveling , I use a lrge bag with a smaller one that fits in it . I have leather bags of all styles ,  colors , sizes and shapes .  Some women have shoe  fetish  and mine is handbags.

Respected Contributor

About three times a year. I have to wear lightweight bags so I am limited. One pound or under. It’s usually Lug bags. The small ones. I kept some leather ones but rarely wear them.