Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you swap out your handbag?

A couple times a week - depending on what I am wearing and where I am going.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx I have a system. I buy a purse, use it till it is worn out. Then I buy another one, Repeat! Not a collector of purses! I have a granddaughter tho who loooves purses!

I do have a small "nice" cross body bad I use rarely.

Honored Contributor

I hate the process of changing out bags so I usually just do it with change of seasons. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I will add that I do carry small crossbody bags and they don't contain much, just the basics to get through moving from one place to another.  So a bag swap is just a fistful of stuff from one to the other, easy peasy.  I downsized years ago and never looked back. When I did carry a big bag, my system was multiple pouches for different things such as makeup, medicinals, etc, so switching was still pretty easy to do. When I used to have a disorganized big bag with stuff floating in it, my parnter would tell me I looked like a crazy disheveled lunatic when digging around trying to find that elusive item I desperately needed that was all the way in the bottom.  He was right LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Except for special events, I use the same handbag until it begins to look worn. 

As far as handbags, I guess I prefer being on automatic pilot.  Don't want to think about where something is located inside handbags that aren't designed the same way.  Drives me nuts.  

Honored Contributor

Probably twice a year.  I hate to change bags.  I carry a black lug bag most of the time.  I'll change it when I get tired of it.  I have a smaller VB black bag that I use when i go out to dinner.

Honored Contributor

When I worked, I swapped out daily.  Now that I am retired, maybe twice a year unless I am going on vacation, attending  a formal event or going to a sports event where I only need ID and a CC.

Trusted Contributor

4 times a year. I have the same Brahmin crossbody in 4 colors I switch out for each season .

Trusted Contributor

every weekend 

Honored Contributor

Every week,  sometimes every two weeks.  I have nice collection of bags and I like carrying them.  I build my outfits for the week around my handbags.  I choose the bag, then the footwear and coordinate around that.