Respected Contributor

Re: How many purses do you own?

I don't even have an idea.  I am not at my house right now so I can't even do an estimate.  My best friend told me several years ago that I have enough for life and she is probably right.  I even made myself stop completely for a few years but I'm back at it again!  It is definitely an addiction.  

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

One. Always one at a time, always a black crossbody under $35.00 & used until it's trashed...I'm not a purse person.

@kitcat51 - got it, but keeping in mind that this is the handbag forum.....

I didn't know I needed more than 1 to qualify to post in the Handbag forum, just sharing my...I know I'm weird quirk. Anyway lesson learned & leaving the Handbag forum forever with my head down & dragging my crossbody behind me.

Honored Contributor

2.  Many! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

One. Always one at a time, always a black crossbody under $35.00 & used until it's trashed...I'm not a purse person.

I didn't know I needed more than 1 to qualify to post in the Handbag forum, just sharing my...I know I'm weird quirk. Anyway lesson learned & leaving the Handbag forum forever with my head down & dragging my crossbody behind me.

@kitcat51 - I was joking!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I know @gidgetgh & me too...just joking. I like to look but can't do more than 1.

Respected Contributor

Due to back issues I have disposed of almost all of my heavy leather bags.  I only have 3 of them left a dark green, a bronze and a brown.

I have about 20 imitation leather light weight bags and many VB cloth bags

I am one who changes bags with what I am wearing, sometimes every day.  I guess I have about 50 bags.  As @LindaSal said I have too much of everything.  

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I know @gidgetgh & me too...just joking. I like to look but can't do more than 1.

@kitcat51 - ok good.  I really am not feeling well today, haven't felt well for days and just typed quickly and after your reply realized that the humor in mine might not have come through. If you ever feel like getting a few more purses, come visit me and I'll share. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I just canceled that wallet I ordered from hsn. What was I thinking, I have so many wallets and wristlets. It's the FOMO that gets to me sometimes, big sale, items almost gone, never to return. Well in truth, we are budget challenged at the moment and the last thing I should be doing is spending frivolously. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

When I was working I had 12-15 different bags of various styles. I had some huge heavy bags for carrying lots of things. Since retiring a few years ago I only carry smaller lightweight shoulder and crossbody bags.

I currently own 7 handbags.

*2 black bags: one Anne Klein leather for everyday and one dressier black bag that has a detachable shoulder strap and top handle 

*Ralph Lauren navy leather 

*Ralph Lauren red leather 

*blush faux leather  

I bought these 2 last year. I had been looking for a camel bag and a very summery straw or sea grass bag. 

*Patricia Nash camel tooled leather

*sea grass bag

These bags fill my needs for all seasons and outfits, casual and dressy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Purses? 

Not too many.  Maybe 8 or 10.  In the last few months, I've been donating some along with all the "extra" shoes.

What I do have a lot of are totes.   I'm a tote collector.

I have absolutely no idea of how many totes I have other than to say there are a lot of them.

• Whenever I I travelled I would pick up a totes as souvenirs.  (Friends and family also bought them for me when they travelled!)

• Whenever I attended any conferences - most vendors gave away free totes. 

• Barnes & Noble sells (and I buy) some interesting totes.