Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many purses do you own?

I have way more shoes and sneakers than I do bags, I have about 12 purses, some of them I don't use anymore (Dooney) because they're too heavy. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I have way more shoes and sneakers than I do bags, I have about 12 purses, some of them I don't use anymore (Dooney) because they're too heavy. 

@Effie54 - well, I'll cut myself a little slack on my purses.  I own one pair of sneakers, but don't wear them.  Other than Birkenstocks, shoes aren't really my thing. Thankful that I was able to limit it to purses, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I have two that are identical in style but which have two different colors/ patterns. I am losing my vision, so identical styles help me always to know where items " live." Both are crossbody and are Lug bags. 

Esteemed Contributor

Way to many and I keep saying I'm going to donate a bunch but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm adicted to Brighton bags. I only carry about 6 items (phone, keys, Kleenex, aspirin, chapstick and sunglasses) so I don't need a big purse. I am just keeping lightweight small bags. That is if I ever get around to it. Might have to wait until November when the weather cools down. 

Contributor

I own thirteen. Eleven are Dooney and two are Coach.

I change them out, so all get used. I love them all!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

12; 5 Brahmin, 5 VB, a Fossil and a Michael Kors.  

I also have 12 pair of shoes now too.  

Respected Contributor

One. Always one at a time, always a black crossbody under $35.00 & used until it's trashed...I'm not a purse person.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

One. Always one at a time, always a black crossbody under $35.00 & used until it's trashed...I'm not a purse person.

@kitcat51 - got it, but keeping in mind that this is the handbag forum.....

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm trying to work on slowing down my purse buying. I love a purse and have to have it and then, sometimes, lose interest in it pretty quickly. Others I keep a long time.  I have turned fickle with purses and I don't know why.  What I love today isn't necessarily what I will love next month.  

I have sold many since the first of the year (but also bought many, sigh).  I counted last night and I have 39. I actually winced a little just typing the number. 

I absolutely don't "need" that many purses. I mean, no one does.  But I have been really ruthless parting with some and am happy with what I have, just not the amount that I have.

Anyone else want to share?

I sold 40-ish that tells you all u need to know

just keeping the good ones

Esteemed Contributor

Right now I am going to give it my best guess as I don't want to go in the basement to count them, LOL!   I'd say around 25 and that includes what I call my "travel" bags as that is all I use them for.   I probably had twice that number a few years ago but I did let my sister, daughter and niece have a field day picking any ones they wanted from a certain pile before I donated the rest.    Sadly, it's not even a purse addiction, I just have too much of everything.......there I said it.