Respected Contributor

Re: How many purses do you own?

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you're not feeling well @gidgetgh. Hey, we're like 2 feeling lousy peas in a purse, lol...I had Mohs surgery above my lip & my face is a hurting swollen mess so spending time on the Forums to relax. Thanks for understanding my humor & the sharing offer, maybe one day the 1 only quirk will end. Be well & take care.

Honored Contributor

Too many. This is after purging several times. The good news is I've only purchased one so far this year. Baby steps ! 😸

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Only one for the rare occasions I take one with me.  I carry a small card wallet in my jean pockets and need nothing else except maybe lip gloss.  Don't need any more.  Not a fashion statement for me just something to carry stuff in!

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Only one for the rare occasions I take one with me.  I carry a small card wallet in my jean pockets and need nothing else except maybe lip gloss.  Don't need any more.  Not a fashion statement for me just something to carry stuff in!

Sunglasses? Keys? Tissues? You don't need these things with you?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I have around 50 but really use 4-6 on a regular basis.  I understand the addiction!  I have mostly medium sized and some small bags....I'm not a large bag woman.

I have a variety of leather, fabric, crossbody, travel, summer prints, sparkly evening bags, etc.  I could buy more but have been holding myself back.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Way to many and I keep saying I'm going to donate a bunch but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm adicted to Brighton bags. I only carry about 6 items (phone, keys, Kleenex, aspirin, chapstick and sunglasses) so I don't need a big purse. I am just keeping lightweight small bags. That is if I ever get around to it. Might have to wait until November when the weather cools down. 

@Meowingkitty Brighton are my favorite bags!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

10 and I'm set for life.  6 were my dream and I accomplished that goal over a 5 or 6 year period.

I'm so happy I don't even think about handbags anymore. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  With the collector's gene in my DNA, I have done a lot of damage in the purse department over the years. Dooney and Bourke with matching wallets, Coach, Vera Bradley with

matching cosmetic bags, eye glass cases, totes, dressy evening clutches, vintage macrame and straw bags.

In Milan, I went into a Gucci shop and bought a small bag. I think that I used it maybe twice.

I have loved purses since I was a little girl and I think that it was my mother's fault. I have photos of me at three years old,

wearing a crossbody bag. I always had a new one for Easter as

a child. I also enabled my three daughters with new Easter bags since they were two or three.

I have never counted them all, but it has to be more than 50 and I'm probably underestimating. I have given some to daughters and grand daughters.

Since retiring, I've decided to slow down. I've only bought two new Dooney Zip Zips with matching wallets, in the past two years.

Respected Contributor

I love handbags and they are my weakness! Smiley Happy

Presently, I probably have around 8. I did buy an "as is" Aimee Kestenberg yesterday on easy pay. I have no will power regarding her bags...

I always donate them when they are in great condition so that someone else will enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Sunglasses? Keys? Tissues? You don't need these things with you?

Sunglasses kept in my vehicle as well as tissues.  My 2 keys I need are kept on a curly stretchy wrist thing.  A few tissues can be kept in my jean pockets.  I don't need a purse to have to keep track of!  My SO takes more stuff with him than I do and sometimes I do have to take a purse to keep him from loosing things!