Trusted Contributor

Re: How Many Handbags Did You Buy in 2020?

None this year!   In the past I was never too interested in handbags as well as overly expensive clothes. However I do have a closet full of not so expensive things.

About 5 yrs ago I was watching a Dooney show on QVC and suddently decided to treat myself to one.  That did it for me!!   That one has now turned in to 8 lovely Dooney handbags.

I think that is enought for one lady in her mid seventies!!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the beautiful Pisticci Patricia Nash shoulder bag from HSN; whew is it ever heavy, and 3 Coach bags from the Coach Outlet. I have only worn them a few times due to the pandemic, but look forward to once again being able to "model" my handbags.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

About 10--I sort of collect them now-like to smell the leather! Haven't used most of them but they look & smell SO NICE!  Don't need new clothing-am retired & have no where to go during the pandemic, but am looking forward to taking "them out" for a walk some day~~~

Trusted Contributor

Two bags for me this year !  Its shocking to say the least.  No Patricia Nash, Brahim ... nope !

Both bags are crossbody bags.  One is leather from Amazon - its brown and needed oiling.  Its called a hippie bag

The other is black and seems to have a lot ofzippers for me but I love the bag.

Both bags can handle the phone, 2 small clear cheap change purses I use for carry cash and the other has my CC, Health Insurance, ect cards

Esteemed Contributor

I do not recall buying any bags this year, which may be a record for me 

I have a ton of bags but because of how I lived this year I did not carry as many as I usually do- changing one for another frequently.

I did not see anything that was a Must Have. In addition, prices were high. 12 Days of Dooney was about 50% higher than last year when I bought 2 and nothing new.

Respected Contributor

I bought the Patricia Nash brown floral map crossbody that was a TSV in February I believe. I rocked it about 3 times then Covid hit. I think I used it one other time going to a doctors appointment. I have it out in my sights because I like to look at it. I'll wait to buy clothes, shoes and bags until I'm back out in the real world full time. With my luck, things I would buy would be out of fashion PDQ!

Honored Contributor

Probably too many - considering I'm not going many places!  Smiley Wink

I got some on sale from other sites. Here I ordered the Dooney & Bourke Wayfarer tote March TSV, and the R.Riveter Otto TSV.

I am changing them, and I do take them out (For a long time since quarantine  I wouldn't take my bags out of the car), but I look forward to the days I take them to work meetings that aren't on Zoom!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

ZERO.  I usually buy one new Dooney a year, but this year I hardly left the house, so I didn't need a new one.  I'll probably get a new one in the Spring...maybe a TSV if there is one.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

2 cheap ones with see through cell phone window  That's all

Esteemed Contributor

Zero