Honored Contributor

How Many Handbags Did You Buy in 2020?

How many handbags did you buy in 2020? Did you buy less, more, or about the same number as you normally would have?

I bought only one handbag this year. Since retiring I don’t buy as many handbags as I used to so buying just one this year is fairly normal for me. My bags seem to last for years. I only replace them when they look worn. 

The irony is I purchased my one new handbag in March before everything shut down. I needed & wanted a summery woven bag to carry, and then of course, everything changed. I didn’t go out much this Spring & Summer so it only got used a few times. Oh, well, it’s in good shape sitting in my closet for warm weather in 2021. Here’s hoping things will be better by then. 🌈

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Handbags Did You Buy in 2020?

One but it needed replacing. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one because I wanted a crossbody version that was made out of a material I could wipe off if I used it every day. Big enough to put my phone and just a few essentials in. Then I didn't need to worry about reaching into my good handbag with all of the germiness going on right now.

Super Contributor

Zero. Wish I could say the same for boots, shoes, gloves, pants., skirts, and jackets. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I bought zero handbags this year as I already have plenty.

Super Contributor

I did not buy any.  I am retired and currently not going out much.  I have accumulated at least 30 good ones over the years and they are still nice.  I usually change a bag monthly.  October have a pink one.  December, old Vera Bradley Holiday bags.  I will carry brown or orange in November and black or navy in winter.🤷🏻‍♀️

I bring out the straw, beige and white in summer.  Rarely use my evening bags anymore, we just do not go out much at night!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 when both were on sale. Beautiful Bluebell colored Brahmin when after sale price and coupons was more than 1/2 off.  The second a Patricia Nash from Macys at a solid sale price. They take turns going with me to do Grocery pick up.  Dohneys hold no interest for me anymore. 

Occasional Contributor

Zero 

Respected Contributor

Zero for me this year.

Valued Contributor

I didn't buy any; and I've been primarily using a wristlet this year.  I do like my handbag collection, so the good news is that I will feel like I have a brand new collection when I put them back in their rotation!