Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Handbags Did You Buy in 2020?

[ Edited ]

just bought the 'Miller' bag in 'pretty posies'.  Love the Vera bags

Would be 100 in the boutique stores.  Q has for 45.00

A387913

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I returned all 5 handbags ordered.

Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@wilma 

I returned all 5 handbags ordered.

Sigh.

@1Professor

Sorry to hear that your purchases didn’t work out for you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought two this year, same day at Macy’s.  A beautiful yellow Michael K crossbody and a brown Calvin Klein/east/west bag.  Got both for $135 total.   Haven’t used the MK yet.  Hopeful for next spring!

Honored Contributor

Zero. I have been wanting a Patricia Nash bag for years. I love the tooled bags.

Crossbody is my go to this year. Couldn't find a PN that I loved at a really good price. Couldn't justify purchasing a new bag either.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I searched my memory and can't believe it, ZERO. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma I purchased a Vera Bradley bag at Marshalls back in March or April.  It was originally priced at $88.00 and marked down to $16.00.  I have carried it all year and I am actually in love with it as its light, can be washed and stays on my shoulder.  Did I mention I got a bargain?  I love it!

Super Contributor

Hi There!

Been a while since I posted here, but it's nice to be back!

Earlier this year I purchased the Longchamp Le Pliage Jeans Tote. Mine is pictured below. The color is a denim blue, hence the "Jeans" name, with silver hardware. It's actually the Small size, yet surprisingly holds a number of items. And the long handles make it easy to carry over a coat.  Lightweight as well.  If I have to go out and make a small purchase, I put my purchase in this tote so I don't need to carry a shopping bag. I purchased this on the Neiman Marcus website. 

The blue macaroon key chain on this tote is from a store on Etsy called CookiesFantasy.  This store is based in Biarritz, France and all items are handmade. You can say they have a  "delicious" assortment of key chains and earrings, and most are priced less than $15.

Congrats to all who made handbag purchases, and wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy New Year!

20201229_143307-1.jpg

Regular Contributor

Sold or donated 9 out of the closet; then bought on line or in stores 5 in 2020. That leaves me with a net count of 9 bags that I use in rotation. Of that # I have leather, nylon, and faux leather. They all get used thru out the year. Don't have any favorites - they are all favorites.  I love everyone of them. 

Honored Contributor

Zero. I took a serious look at my handbags during my decluttering process, and eliminated all of the ones I knew I wouldn't carry again, due to their size and weight.

I only kept my smaller, lightweight bags, and rotate often. If I'm not happy with the bag, it goes. I have no intention to buy more handbags unless I get rid of what I have. My goal is to get down to about 8 total; 4 Brahmin, 1 Coach, 1 Michael Kors, and 2 Vera Bradley. Bags are not of much importance to me at this stage of life.