Trusted Contributor

Re: How Many Dooney's do you have?

I have probably bought 7 over the years..... 2 that are in their dust bags that I never use but always liked.  Maybe someday they will come back out.  A tote in the signature print in banana which is so pretty.  I get tons of compliments every time I carry it.  the trick with that one is to keep it super clear.  Over the summer I bought the hobo with reversable hook closure in the oyster color.  It is sooo pretty.  I love the look of that bag so much.  But I don't carry it as often as I would, if it weren't so heavy.  The clasp is like the weight of two rolls of quarters.  Lol.  I had two other super cute green ones-- one with denim and one in patent leather.  I gave those to my sisters.  Just cause I am a sweet sister.  haha.  Last but not least I bought the coin purse with the kiss lock in fuschia.  I really just wanted something in that color and I missed the tote when it was on the Q.  

I had a B. Makowksy and I bought one for my mom.... Her initail is B.  So that seemed fitting.  But neither of us really carried them.  His bags ( or at least the ones we have) are also SUPER heavy.

Wonder what ever happened to him and his wife.  Wasn't she a bag designer, too?  

Trusted Contributor

@justashopper @Yes, her name is Kathy Van Zeeland and Q used to sell her bags. They were fabric/vinyl not leather and had a lot of charms, rhinestones, and studding treatments on them. They were very popular for a while.

I had a B. Makowsky bag too and loved it. It was a pewter metallic leather feed bag style. It wore like iron.

Trusted Contributor

Oh gosh I have too many. I love them but don't carry them these days. I've been carrying a Lug crossbody. Even though they're all in brand new shape, I wouldn't get much for them so probably should just donate. None is super current, all are at least a few years old. They take up a lot of spaces in my closet....

Respected Contributor

I have a ton of them but love each one. Dooneys are my very favorite bags. 

Esteemed Contributor

Too many to count!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

One; it was a Christmas gift 10+ years ago, and I haven't carried it since I retired 8 years ago.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love purses. So my one Dooney is the Darcy satchel in spearmint. Love love 💕. It's my daughter's name. I have three very nice leather bags-the Dooney, a Kate Spade small satchel also called Darcy, and my Patricia Nash poppy tote. That's the big mama. I could get my dog in there. Haha. I don't find my leather bags overly heavy. But I don't over stuff them. The smell of fine leather is intoxicating. In the 1970s and early 80s I carried Aigner bags. Even had an Aigner leather jacket. Ahhh. 
Plus I have several Lug bags in the rotation. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Only three that I can think of.  That might change when I get around to cleaning out my closet.   Using an old B Makowsky right now becaus it is a cross body with multiple compartments.  Wish Dooney would do one, they are a lot more durable than B Mak.

Honored Contributor

@BLH wrote:

None.  i wouldn't even consider spending that much money on a purse that I put on the floor. 

@BLH 

I don’t put my purses on the floor - ever.

Who knows what might be there.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

None!!! They are made in China!