Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Dooney's do you have?

None.  The price doesn't bother me but the weight does. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Over the years I accumulated to many and now I don't use them anymore. I ask myself why did you buy this and donate them.  To structured for me.  I now use softer bags, mostly older coaches and a couple Kate Spade which I love. 

I'm just curious as to why we get roasted when we buy Barefoot Dreams and some other items but not handbags which are a lot more money???  LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have one several years ago when I was still working and carrying a medium to large bag. I liked it, but like some others have posted it was too heavy. I sold it at a local consignment store. Since retiring I have switched to small shoulder & crossbody bags. Carrying less with me in a lighter smaller bag is better for my shoulder too. 

Frequent Contributor

Oh my god!!  I must have 150 dooney bags alone!!

have yourself a heart attack and then diabetes and then have ms and think these bags will make me better!

well eight years later I'm still sick!

I would love to sell most but there is no money left in selling these.

It's just crazy!

Super Contributor

I have way too many. I have been collecting them for 20 yrs. Too many to count!! Just can't part with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Only 1 that I got at an outlet store in Florida.  For the most part, I don't care for the hard plastic/leather??? material that most of them are made out of and they're extremely heavy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I have 7 handbags and 1 coin purse 

Super Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud that is true, but the Dooney's last longer than the $30.00 handbags that I have purchased.  I had bought so many inexpensive bags that lost it's shape and and spent so much money, that I decided to invest in a sturdier handbag. I have had my 1st Dooney for over 20 years. 

Super Contributor

For that reason, I only have 1 medium leather bag (it's not the heavy leather). The others are fabric and 1 nylon.  I did not want to throw out my back with those huge leather bags.

Valued Contributor

None.  i wouldn't even consider spending that much money on a purse that I put on the floor.