Respected Contributor

How Many Dooney's do you have?

I will start my list ! I have A-260501 the pebble leather crossbody they are showing now, had it for several years (my color has sold out but when I bought it I paid $149 on sale from $199. I see it's on sale now for $164 down from $199.  I have at least 5 more with the highest price of over $350 which I only carried maybe twice. Over the years my taste for bigger bags has diminished significantly and especially over the last 2 years I don't like to carry a big bag because I feel the need to clean and sanitize everything I bring into my home. So now I only carry a small Iman crossbody bag big enough to hold my IPhone in the phone window and my drivers license, small hand sanitizer and a few credit cards. I sanitize my bag when I come back home. I would love to buy some of the bags I've seen today but it's not worth it at this time

Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Dooney's do you have?

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of them.  I got my first one at John Wanamaker's back in the mid 70's.  I still have it.

I have them in many sizes and many colors.  I also have a collection of Coach bags along with Cole Haan, plus others. I am embarassed to admit that I have bags that cost over $1000.

I have more bags and shoes than I need.  

My weight has yo-yo'd for many years and my size has gone up and down.  Bags and shoes always fit...that's my excuse.

I don't buy bags anymore...I want to, but I have my addiction under control.  it wasn't easy.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

zero - a $30 bag has the same function ...

Honored Contributor

None.  

Trusted Contributor

I have 8:

Medium Mail Satchel

Another one

The med/large Florentine satchel

2 mini Florentine satchels

1 micro Florentine satchel

2 Bristol satchels

Respected Contributor

I like looking at them, but the leather D&B are SO HEAVY (in my opinion) to use. 

I bought the TSV nylon bag last year, and I like that one because it is easy care.

When I was working full time, I was always very hard on my bags so I bought cheap plastic ones and tossed them constantly. (Plastic is waterproof and light, and easy to clean, but zippers and straps still break!)

Now I am trying to buy a few nicer bags, but they are also smaller and more for special occasions.

You ladies who love D&B should come to see the QVC outlets here in PA, where all the bags are frequently sale priced.

I always look, but never buy...

Valued Contributor

None

Esteemed Contributor

None.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

zero - a $30 bag has the same function ...

I'm sure people that bought them was not thinking "function."

Honored Contributor

None. They're too heavy.