Respected Contributor

How Do You Organize Your Keys and Grocery/Pharmacy Keyring Cards?

I still have everything on one ring, but I hate it. Thinking about having the car keypod on its own, but should I separate smaller housekeys from keyring cards? Where do you store your keypod in your handbag?

Visualizing organization solutions is difficult for me.

My keypod has to be inserted into the starter slot. Do people who have the proximity keypods like them?

Thanks.....

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Organize Your Keys and Grocery/Pharmacy Keyring Cards?

I took out the center zop pouch in my handbag since items were slipping under it and getting lost.

My key ring looks like this.  I just clip it into the snap strip that held the bag.

If you want one like this, just google image "key rings like a carobeener".  The little silver rings can be added. (it's a less strong design on a piece of caving/climbing equipment).

See the source image

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

House key and key to car  are on one ring, along with PO box key.  It never goes into my purse, it goes into my right front jeans pocket.  I usually wear jeans. Why?  If my purse is lost or stolen, I can always get home.  It only has to happen once, and it did to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Down load the key ring app. Enter your numbers and you will always have them with you. 

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Down load the key ring app. Enter your numbers and you will always have them with you. 

^ this. I will never carry any rewards cards on my keychain again. 

Frequent Contributor

I have a remote fob for my car so it's essentially permanently stowed in my handbag.  As for the every growing number of membership and reward keyring cards, I keep the ones I use regularly on my key tether/leash in my handbag that I can easily pull out.  Those cards that get used once in a blue moon, I keep on a separate ring and is stowed in the zip pocket of my handbag.

Respected Contributor

I only need three things on my key ring-  key fob, my small house key, and my planet fitness keyring card. I put this on the key leash in my Lug purses. 
I'm a person who enjoys organizing my stuff, sometimes to the point of not being able to find things. 😆 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I have a proximity keyring for the car.  I only keep a house key and my mail box key on the ring.  I used to carry a very heavy keyring when I was working, not that I had important keys or anything, LOL, I just had lots of little doodads hanging on it.  MY DH made me take them all off years ago when we still had to insert the key to start the car as he said the weight was too much for the steering column.  I have to say though, I keep my keys in the same section of my pocketbook all the time and it's much lighter now.

As far as those crazy rewards cards, I cannot stand them actually so I only carry a few and those are in a pocket inside my bag, easy enough to access.

Esteemed Contributor

I only carry my key fob. If ever locked out of the house, there is always the keypad to get in. Most homes have them and unless there is an electrical outage, you shouldn't need a key. For membership cards,  I have downloaded the information on my phone OR most places accept your phone number when given verbally. Life has become so much easier that a purse is no longer necessary; a small Lug wallet works for me now! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.