Esteemed Contributor

Hey Patricia Nash: I'll See You in September

[ Edited ]

Still waiting for the navy mesh bucket bag (Evine) to get here. Apparently there have been hits and misses out there with PN quality from both Macy's and Evine.

My Macy's Savings Pass should get here soon (mailed out to arrive early Sept.) to take advantage of future 25% VIP sales.  I used my earlier savings to get a Lizard Dooney (Cognac) in the small Lexi style and it is gorgeous. It looked like a sales person grabbed it off the sales floor, wrapped some tissue around it, bagged it in plastic, and stuffed it in a box.  Got here safely and in perfect shape at a tremendous savings, so no complaints from me. The Macy's chain is under stress with rumors of multiple store closings, so we all need to take a deep breath. Evine is grabbing all remaining PN  inventory so there may be returns going out. I hope she comes back to Evine; they are having financial woes as well. 

One thing of note: her website Patricia Nash Designs, is now offering an additional Labor Day discount and free shipping.  If you like a scaled down tote (albeit boxy), the Toscano tote may suit your needs.  This is the last of the lovely Vintage Needlepoint; otherwise it is eBay time.  I have ordered from her website with no problems and received the goods safe and sound.  I used PayPal. This is a "goodie" and is sitting in my cart for deliberation.  Straps are not too long.  This bag was designed from a European market bag to tote wine, cheese, baguettes. This is a lovely deep true navy. Perfect to transition into Fall. 

Update:  I think I'll pass on the tote.  I put all my Patricia Nash bags on the bed and I have a good selection for every season.  

Image result for images patricia nash toscano tote vintage needlepoint

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hey Patricia Nash: I'll See You in September

This is a new print, The Granada. I don't really care for it, but, I've not seen it in person. It's different. 

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I bought the PN wristlet in the needlepoint and was very impressed. I didn't know if I would like it but when it arrived, it is great.

Esteemed Contributor

Its here, its here !!  I finally got my Evine late night special ($114), the PN mesh navy bucket bag.  So different.  I like that I can take off the long strap and that it is super soft and won't bounce off my hip.  This is a more compact dressier bag that you don't load up, but looks great and has a lot of texture.  I would never pay the original $249 because it is not a workhorse bag, but it sure makes an elegant statement.  It is so light and flat you could pack it in a suitcase for dinners out and leave the Big Girl tote in the hotel. You also have to make sure you don't snag the mesh leather on something sharp. So, high maintenance but lovely at the reduced price. The single short strap is geared towards petites and will not work over a heavy garment. 

Image result for images patricia nash Caffarelli" navy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@hicindy2 I bought the PN wristlet in the needlepoint and was very impressed. I didn't know if I would like it but when it arrived, it is great.

@Sister Golden Hair which crossbody did you order (from the handbag thread)? The Island Gold? 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair which crossbody did you order (from the handbag thread)? The Island Gold? 

@hicindy2 Yes, I really liked the colors and I think that I could carry it even in the winter.

So far, I have been happy with everything I bought from Evine.

I ordered the men's wallet for our two sons for Christmas. I really like the map print inside.

I like the needlepoint tote but I'm trying to only buy zip closures on bags. SInce we like to travel, I just feel more secure with the zipper.

I'm glad that you like the new bag. I was wondering about that mesh. Thanks for letting us know.