Respected Contributor

Here are two more uses for Dawn dishwashing soap...

Found another great use for Dawn dishwashing soap:  I used it on my cream color, pebble leather Stone Mountain summer handbag which was looking rather shabby.  Simply put some on a damp paper towel and rubbed the dirt away.  No discoloration -- if it was safe enough for the waterfowl covered in the Exxon oil spill, it was safe enough for my purse.  I did try it in an inconspicuous spot first.

Another use: I had a black leather handbag that I haven't used for a few years.  Every time I looked at it, it was covered with an opaque film.  Tried white vinegar, ivory soap, etc. but the film came back.  Finally, I tried the Dawn approach:  No more opaque film !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Here are two more uses for Dawn dishwashing soap...

Thanks for the great tips.
Honored Contributor

Great idea!  Thanks for sharing!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Found another great use for Dawn dishwashing soap:  I used it on my cream color, pebble leather Stone Mountain summer handbag which was looking rather shabby.  Simply put some on a damp paper towel and rubbed the dirt away.  No discoloration -- if it was safe enough for the waterfowl covered in the Exxon oil spill, it was safe enough for my purse.  I did try it in an inconspicuous spot first.

Another use: I had a black leather handbag that I haven't used for a few years.  Every time I looked at it, it was covered with an opaque film.  Tried white vinegar, ivory soap, etc. but the film came back.  Finally, I tried the Dawn approach:  No more opaque film !!!

Did you use it diluted or straight out of the bottle and did you have to rinse it off?  Thanks for the great tips.

Respected Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@jlkz wrote:

Did you use it diluted or straight out of the bottle and did you have to rinse it off?  Thanks for the great tips.

Couple of drops on a wash cloth, rubbed, then washed off with a clean damp cloth.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill