Respected Contributor

Henry's Leather by Peter Dooney!

[ Edited ]

Henry's Leather Company is a leather goods company founded by Peter Dooney, of Dooney & Bourke.  All leather goods are made in the heart of Connecticut, with leathers sourced from France, palladium hardware sourced from Italy, and zippers made in Switzerland.  There is also a store in Greenwich, CT.  The passion behind the origin of this brand is to bring defined American craftsmanship back to it's artistic origins.  Henry's Leather Company has an on-line page as well as a Facebook page.  I am very interested in Peter Dooney's latest venture as his leather goods have always been synonymous with quality and crafsmanship!

Honored Contributor

Re: Henry's Leather by Peter Dooney!

Makes no sense to me... The bags aren't all that impressive, to me anyway, and look pretty much like Dooney bags... If he wanted to do an all 'made in America' line with specially sourced leather and hardware, he hardly needed a spin-off company to do it... I guess doing so, though, isolates the risk...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Obviously, the leathers sourced are of a superior quality.  The less is more minamilistic look is classic and timeless!  Pricing is higher also due to the hand-crafted quality and U.S.A. manufacturing.  I am very happy to support Peter Dooney's efforts to bring American manufacturing back to our country.

Respected Contributor

Nothing of interest to me, even at a lower price.  Sure wouldn’t buy a bag without knowing what the inside looks like.  

Trusted Contributor

I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Nothing of interest to me, even at a lower price.  Sure wouldn’t buy a bag without knowing what the inside looks like.  

@Shawnie.  All Dooney's look pretty much alike insude.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Red lining, no outside pockets, yellow stitching, mostly gold hardware. 

To this day, Don't own a Dooney and Bourke. Possibly the new collection

will seduce me part with my money. Thanks! For the heads up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like my Dooney’s because they DO last forever. The red lining is better than the black hole that usually exists in my bags so I can’t find anything. The attached key keeper (a small, inexpensive detail) is a lifesaver and I’ve sewn rings from Lowe’s into the upper inside of other bags to hold my keys.

What I’m tired of w/ Dooney? Repetition of design, frequent brown trim that always makes the bags sporty, the heavier weight of larger bags and the constant use of gold toned hardware....on a grey or other cool tone bag? Just wrong. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Shawnie.  All Dooney's look pretty much alike insude.

The detail says leather linings.  But who knows what color?  Green felt detail?  Who knows?  How does it fit on the body?  Who knows.  At any rate, no interest for me.  I am curious how this “new” all american venture meshes with SC’s presentation statements that strongly imply that Dooney bags are handmade either in Italy or here right now.  

Honored Contributor

No satchels.  How can you have a handbag company and not have at least one satchel?