Honored Contributor

Re: Henry's Leather by Peter Dooney!

@stellabystarlight

Palladium?

I’m surprised 😳.  

Just sayin’.

IMO Dooney needs attention to styling updates.  This is not what I was thinking.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

No satchels.  How can you have a handbag company and not have at least one satchel?

@faeriemoon Isn't that the truth...

I don't care where they're made. I'm seeing nothing remotely interesting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I am sure that since this is a fairly new venture for Peter Dooney, the inventory is still rather small.  But I have confidence that it will increase as demand warrants although I do not see trendy influences; I see classic sporty refined designs.  I am happy to see U.S.A. manufacturing returning to our great country. 

Valued Contributor

NOPE!!!  No pics of the insides. And not all Dooneys are the same inside. No measurements so you know what size it is and no pictures on a body. Prices are too high for not being able to touch it or at least see it's size.

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight, thank you for posting this. I had no idea!

many, many years ago I was a big fan of D&B when they were made in the US. I especially loved the AWL because of the styles and the durability. the classic satchels, the Big Duck bags and the Teton drawstrings were my favorites.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the styles I saw on the Henry website, but as you said these are the early days of this company and hopefully we'll see more of the tried & true classic styles eventually.

I'll be following the company with interest.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

About the lining:  I saw one that appeared to have a bed ticking lining of cotton.

Honored Contributor

One Dooney brand is more than enough for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Very interesting.  I like the made in the USA part. 

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I don't get it.

I don't either...I took a look and the bags look just like Dooneys.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting about this rather new venture, @stellabystarlight .  I like the new bags, and I appreciate that they are made in the USA and that they have understated Palladium hardware, something that is very rare for a Dooney bag.  (I seem to recall only one recent line of Florentine leather Dooney bags that had silvertone hardware.)  I have always preferred palladium or silver toned hardware on my bags.  

There is a simplicity to the new designs and a styling that I like.  I am quite bored of bags with brightly colored or black leather contrasting trim, and even the square metal Dooney placard and rather unattractive hardware (like the large, chunky, open "C" or circle clasp) closures on so many of their bags. I never minded the leather duck insignia, as it was less distinct. I have long preferred Dooney's all weather leather/pebbled leather bags over any other bags in their collections.

This new (as of 2017, apparently) line of bags has a cleaner, more upscale look to my eyes.  I only wish that the straps were also made from pebbled leather, even though that would make the bags heavier.  I like the totes, too.

The pebbled leather used to make these bags looks divine!  I may want to spring for one in the near future.