Honored Contributor

Re: Haven't really been interested in Dooney for a while, but....

[ Edited ]

Hmmm... the Mitchell reminds me an awful lot of another frame silhouette they offered a few years back... I can't remember the name at all, but I know I have it either in one of the brown shades or in black, I'm not sure... It's pictured in black, below. It's kind of like they merged the Bristol with whatever that framed bag was called and came up with this new Mitchell bag, which looks a bit larger... Pretty bag...

Image result for dooney frame satchel

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

For what a Dooney bag costs, i think it goes without saying that straps should be more of a priority and be wide enough, long enough (or short enough) and add to the bag. But sometimes that is not the case.

I don't love the idea of spending even more on a bag to get the right straps, but in certain circumstances I will. Its akin to taking a new article of clothing to a tailor.

There is a website for ordering custom straps for high end handbags, luggage, etc. I have purchased custom shoulder straps from Mauto. You can order leather samples from them in the color family you want for a few bucks, which is worth it to make sure a strap is going to match your bags. You can choose the color and style of hardware, too.

http://www.mautto.com/products?search=Dooney

Respected Contributor

@stevieb Dooney (and QVC) used to sell the Mitchell satchel in florentine leather a few years back.  Could that be what you're thinking of?

Screenshot 2018-06-16 16.34.10.png

Honored Contributor

@Linmo Yep, that must be it... I guess I was assuming the newly minted version wouldn't have the same name...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023  I have paid $80 for a Kate Spade, pebble leather bag.  Sale price and 40% off the sale price.  You have buy when there are good sales.  That particular bag was a little over $300.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@stevieb Dooney (and QVC) used to sell the Mitchell satchel in florentine leather a few years back.  Could that be what you're thinking of?

Screenshot 2018-06-16 16.34.10.png

I have this particular bag and I love it.  It’s the perfect size.  It’s still in good condition.  A great bag.

Esteemed Contributor

I got interested in Dooney a couple of years ago.They sell beautiful bags.However,They are way to heavy for me to carry.Once I put my stuff in I’m lugging around 5 or 6 lbs.So sadly I won’t be using them much.

Respected Contributor

Very classy. I really liked the smaller one in Florentine.

However, this is a big bag. The measurements are about the same as the large Amelia in Florentine. I saw it on the models. That's often a better indicator of size then when presented close up on the table.

Love it though.

Honored Contributor

I keep going back to look at this bag.  I think I see it in my future, however, they need to come up with a color I like, and I need to find it at a non-QVC rip-off price.  This is going to be challenge since it seems to be an exclusive right now.  I'm going to have to be patient about this I guess.  Patience is not my strong suit.  Sigh...

Respected Contributor

If it sells well, they will bring out more colors. However, this is one of those "it's the only order this year." type of things. Probably look for other colors once Dooney expands production. (if they do.)

I do think, however, that  some women will buy it and find it too big and too heavy.. So they'll end up in As Is.

I've noticed that with these "exclusive" to QVC bags, that pricing doesn't seem to budge that much. It's only when they put them in clearance. The steeper discounts seem to occur with the "regular" Dooneys.