Honored Contributor

Re: Have Things Changed for You?

I have masks and hand sanitizers in all my bags.  Other than that, nothing has changed.

Respected Contributor

I only go out when I have to, like grocery shopping, gas, an appointment. I put my car keys in one pocket & my charge card in another pocket. I leave my purse locked under the car seat. I don't take a purse inside any where anymore.

My preference in purses has changed during the last 2 years, too. I used to love leather handbags & wallets. Now, I would only buy those items in non-leather.

Honored Contributor

I find I am now carrying the travel safe, bags I used to carry overseas here at home.  Guess I’m not feeling quite as safe here as I used to.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe 

You are not alone.  A few people mentioned not feeling secure carrying their purses in public and or having a strategy to not getting it stolen.  I guess it's a sign of the times.  

I went from a hobo bag I carried all summer to a micro crossbody for fall and winter.  I asked this question because I am wondering if I will ever go back to a big bag?  Limiting it to just cards, phone and keys is so much easier.... But I guess it depends on where I am going.  

I still have the hobo with the full sized wallet & make up bag hanging in the closet.  I took to a doctor appt because I could fit my book, too and I needed more cards-- insurance etc.  So I guess it still has a place.  But if I am going shopping or to dinner, the micro corssbody is so perfect.  I keep it on me the whole time-- at the table, under my coat in the stores.... not much safer than that.

Super Contributor

I only carry Vera as well. Leather bags no. Plastic no. Chain strap no. No more heavy bags or small zero function bags.

Respected Contributor

I have  just recently gotten My leather smaller bag out.  For two years it has been Vera Bradley washable crossbody.  It is nice to have the change.  For awhile I just did wristlet phone cross body and hung sanitizer on it.  

Respected Contributor

I have recently been carrying smaller lug crossbody bags. Never liked the look of a crossbody but I'm learning to these days. I also carry those reusable cloth shopping tote bags due to the plastic/paper shopping bag ban/charge. I need to get a pretty one because I carry it so often that I stick my crossbody in it and throw it over my shoulder.

I also love my Vera Bradley bag because it's lightweight and colorful.

Honored Contributor

I just recently changed from Vera Bradley, to one at the store.  It's not cloth lets put it that way.