Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Susan from Dooney gone onto other things ?

@Brooklynny wrote:

Companies can have many Vice President positions within the organization.  Sue could very well be a VP (which I seem to recall was mentioned in the past), and it's not published on Google or Bloomberg or anywhere else, especially if the company is  private and not public.  Also, Liam from Vionic has been introduced many times as Vice President-Sales for Vionic, so yes, a VP can be a vendor on QVC.

I recpectively disagree.  I went through other avenues to find out.  If she is they're keeping her title a huge big secret. 

Valued Contributor

That's ok, we can disagree.  However, Dooney is a private company and is under no obligation to disclose employees' titles.  I did corporate business research for nearly 20 years as part of my job working for the CEO of a financial investment firm; when I had to research a company officer's title in a private company, oftentimes there was virtually no way for me to find it in the subscription online resources available to us.  I'd have to call the company and ask, and even then, the inquiry was not appreciated, and I was interrogated like you wouldn't believe.  Sue has said many times that she's been with Dooney for decades.   I seriously doubt that she would be merely a Director or Manager of Sales or hold a lesser position.  If she does, she should have left the company long ago.  As for myself, I really don't care what her job is.  I just enjoy watching the Dooney shows and the Dooney bags I've purchased.

Frequent Contributor

I watch a lot of dooney shows. I have never heard Sue introduced as a Vice President. I would guess, if she was..they would acknowledge it. ??? There is a second dooney rep , young gal with blonde hair..cant recall her name. 

Respected Contributor

You know i dont believe they want us to believe that anyone but Peter Dooney who never appears in a photograph much less on QVC is sitting in a workshop somewhere designing every single handbag.  LOL.  They sure dont what to reduce that myth by acknowleging that someone else in front of the public is more than a mouthpiece for him.  Every now and then she says we or me, and catches herself and replaces it with Peter.  I do believe that after all these years that she is not just a sales rep for the company.  

Valued Contributor

Nancy Hornback interviewed Sue back in 2013 and it appeared on Nancy's QVC blog at the time:

"NH: When did you start working for Dooney & Bourke?

Sue: I started with them back in 1984 when I was living in Texas. And, in Texas, Dooney & Bourke was huge! So much so, that cars were doing “smash and grabs”. They would drive into the center of a mall to rob the Dooney & Bourke counter. It was unbelievable. It seemed so silly; but, it was the brand, the quality. Anyway, in 1995 I was asked to take over the Florida territory and have been there ever since."

Based on Sue's response that she's in charge of the entire state of Florida for Dooney, she has to be VP level and nothing less.  That's a tremendous load of responsibility.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brooklynny wrote:

Nancy Hornback interviewed Sue back in 2013 and it appeared on Nancy's QVC blog at the time:

"NH: When did you start working for Dooney & Bourke?

Sue: I started with them back in 1984 when I was living in Texas. And, in Texas, Dooney & Bourke was huge! So much so, that cars were doing “smash and grabs”. They would drive into the center of a mall to rob the Dooney & Bourke counter. It was unbelievable. It seemed so silly; but, it was the brand, the quality. Anyway, in 1995 I was asked to take over the Florida territory and have been there ever since."

Based on Sue's response that she's in charge of the entire state of Florida for Dooney, she has to be VP level and nothing less.  That's a tremendous load of responsibility.

That's great for her, but to me it's only one region.  It still doesn't convince me she's the Vice President of the entire Company.  She could be a Regional Director. for all I know.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brooklynny wrote:

Companies can have many Vice President positions within the organization.  Sue could very well be a VP (which I seem to recall was mentioned in the past), and it's not published on Google or Bloomberg or anywhere else, especially if the company is  private and not public.  Also, Liam from Vionic has been introduced many times as Vice President-Sales for Vionic, so yes, a VP can be a vendor on QVC.

Yep, it's not like there is only one VP in most companies. And Liam has also been introduced many times as VP of sales and marketing. 

: general comment not directed at you Brooklynny

No one said she was VP of the whole company, if you actually go back and read the original post she said, " a vice president", not THE VP.  It's extremely common for companies to many multiple VPs of different divisions. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval