Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@handygal2 wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 @WhiteFlowers Oh, I just double-checked and it arrived. UPS came twice today! Smiley Embarassed (See my post on another thread. Smiley Very Happy)

Love this bag Handy. And the pouch is so, so, so cute. It even has its own dustbag (not that I will use it). Has pockets.

My handles were folded all the way down and it's perfect.

Thanks for the recommendation! Heart

@WhiteFlowers I'm still feeling badly the AK didn't work for you. Smiley Sad Sorry if I led you astray on that one.

@Serendipity: I'm so glad you love the bag and pouch, Dipity. And it seems unusual for a pouch to have pockets and a dustbag... So this one is 3-for-3! Woman Happy 

@handygal2 It has a zipper pocket and two slip pockets. One fits my lip gloss perfectly and the other for pens and phone. And it has a wristlet. And wait, wait, they match my blush slingbacks! Look! Smiley Very Happy

Unknown.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 Oh my goodness! What a happy birthday you will have with your three new pretty bags!!! This first one, the AK, was that the bordeaux you had on waitlist? What a surprise! That must have been exciting! And the WT/VP from Evine is so nice! (I am expecting my Evine extravaganza tomorrow...Woman Embarassed) Your pink flower bag is so girly! Woman Very Happy It is really pretty. But don't wear it to the ballpark, okay? Woman Wink Enjoy all three beautiful bags! Heart EEL

@EdithEllenLily: Yes, that was the AK on waitlist. I was surprised that it arrived after only 2 1/2 weeks, and it wasn't even a return!.. The flower bag won't go to the ballpark. Woman LOL  Dooney sells MLB logo bags, but l haven't bitten yet.  Woman LOL

i hope tomorrow's extravaganza is a success for you! Let us know!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity  please don't feel bad about the AK bag. I am glad I got to try it, it was on easy pay & free shipping. It's an absolutely stunning  bag.  It was just a little too wide for me and the strap just didn't work for my lifestyle. (Just too hard to maneuver on my bike or to fit in my gym locker)  I knew that these might be issues but I was hoping not.  I like AK's  sense of style it has a fresh vibe. There's one in my future --I just really needs to have a Crossbody option. 

Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

@Serendipity  please don't feel bad about the AK bag. I am glad I got to try it, it was on easy pay & free shipping. It's an absolutely stunning  bag.  It was just a little too wide for me and the strap just didn't work for my lifestyle. (Just too hard to maneuver on my bike or to fit in my gym locker)  I knew that these might be issues but I was hoping not.  I like AK's  sense of style it has a fresh vibe. There's one in my future --I just really needs to have a Crossbody option. 

@WhiteFlowers I hope you find the perfect bag for you! Smiley Happy I recently bought a couple non-crossbody bags, but you are right, I would never be able to use them while riding.

Valued Contributor

@EdithEllenLily This Fossil bag is a rare but Superb find that I believe you will grow to truly appreciate the more you use it. You say you have some Fossil accessories so you know the quality. I  suspect you have nothing like this in your vast handbags wardrobe.  The front, the back, the inside -0h wow!  It can carry a few items or water bottles, iPads, snacks, umbrella etc etc.   In my experience,  it is rare to find a bag that looks as good with only a few items in it, as well as stuffed.  It's nice that the strap fully adjusts from short shoulder, long shoulder to crossbody with slide of just a buckle. My favorite way always to adjust a strap.  I have an equal number of men and women  Give me complements on it. It almost always travels with me. Perfect for professional meetings -- Messenger style bags have taken over for both men and women professionally.  It's also a great run around bag or stomping through the forest it's up for almost anything.  For me, It feels liberating & real. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cross bodies are a necessity for my lifestyle. And an easily adjustable crossbody that goes to a shoulder bag is an awesome bonus.  That's one of the reasons I like & use the Fossil bag that ELL is getting in so much.  But what I don't have and would like is a lovely bag that has the chic fresh style &  understated sexiness of the AK bags.  

@Serendipity@handygal2@EdithEllenLily@stevieb@Suhse

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

Cross bodies are a necessity for my lifestyle. And an easily adjustable crossbody that goes to a shoulder bag is an awesome bonus.  That's one of the reasons I like & use the Fossil bag that ELL is getting in so much.  But what I don't have and would like is a lovely bag that has the chic fresh style &  understated sexiness of the AK bags.  

@Serendipity@handygal2@EdithEllenLily@stevieb@Suhse

@WhiteFlowers Have you looked at MZ Wallace? I know it's not for everyone, but some of the styles are pretty cute. I've worn the Paige all day long crossbody. They have larger bags too. (One of the founders rides to work in NYC.) Also, the Roxy is crossbody, but has a shoulder strap and works nicely for evenings out. You can remove the crossbody strap or vice versa.

Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity Have not checked out MZ Wallacw bags.  What r they like?

Respected Contributor

@WhiteFlowers wrote:

@Serendipity Have not checked out MZ Wallacw bags.  What r they like?

@WhiteFlowers: Our friend @Serendipity loves MZ Wallace much to the chagrin of @stevieb😁😂