Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girls Best Friend...

@Bird mama wrote:

@Serendipity

Okay, did I read that right?  Your vitamix don't have an on and off switch?!  That's gotta be one of the most assbackwards things I've heard in a week.  

@Bird mama Well, you can turn the pulse to zero, so it's not blending, but you can't turn it off and the light keeps flashing and the manual says you have to unplug it after use, so it's a half-half sort of thing. But you know if you had to plug in and unplug your toaster or coffee maker every time .... 

@stevieb I think I just need to go into hiberation mode. LOL.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

I still prefer the oryany.  Heck I felt like a celebrity, I have to keep the bag now, he he he.

Will keep an eye out for you on the cover of the tabloids...  Woman Surprised

@stevieb @Bird mama Yes, I will too. Give Kim a run for the money! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Serendipity

Okay, did I read that right?  Your vitamix don't have an on and off switch?!  That's gotta be one of the most assbackwards things I've heard in a week.  

@Bird mama Well, you can turn the pulse to zero, so it's not blending, but you can't turn it off and the light keeps flashing and the manual says you have to unplug it after use, so it's a half-half sort of thing. But you know if you had to plug in and unplug your toaster or coffee maker every time .... 

I'll tell you what @Serendipity, as sleepy as I am, I feel like I could !!

But if you mean because you haven't exactly been batting a thousand lately with the purchases, I have to say, I'm getting really sick of shopping on-line and not really knowing what you're going to receive, but now I'm increasingly finding that shopping locally is very limited... I think we've created an on-line shopping monster... That said, I am increasingly leery of doing too much shopping, um, here...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity

I'm appalled that they didn't include something as basic as one knob that turns the unit on or off.  You poor thing, plugging and unplugging the unit would be one way to ensure I never use it.  Wow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Serendipity

I'll tell you what @Serendipity, as sleepy as I am, I feel like I could !!

But if you mean because you haven't exactly been batting a thousand lately with the purchases, I have to say, I'm getting really sick of shopping on-line and not really knowing what you're going to receive, but now I'm increasingly finding that shopping locally is very limited... I think we've created an on-line shopping monster... That said, I am increasingly leery of doing too much shopping, um, here...

@stevieb Yes, that's what I mean. Let's say I went to Williams-Sonoma, could I get a Vitamix for 40% more cost, but get the one that I want because someone showed me the difference? Or would no one help me there either. That said, I had a lot of fun at Bloomie's the other day. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@stevieb

I still prefer the oryany.  Heck I felt like a celebrity, I have to keep the bag now, he he he.

Will keep an eye out for you on the cover of the tabloids...  Woman Surprised

@stevieb @Bird mama Yes, I will too. Give Kim a run for the money! Smiley Very Happy

Heaven only knows, I wish someone would. I am so sick of looking at that woman, even if it is only in the checkout line at the grorcery store...

And with that, I'm calling it a night... Woman Wink

Good night all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh man ,just saw the time - gotta get to bed.  Hi ho, Hi ho it's off to work I go (well, tomorrow morning ),lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I'm carrying a gray leather Aimee Kestenberg handbag. It's the Dani style bag, a mag snap closure double handled tote with a removable shoulder strap. It's fairly nice even though it's a bit big and heavy.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Really liking some of the new AK bags:

A279325
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Shopper- Romanza

and

A279075
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Hobo - Vertigo

All 18 reviews for the vertigo are 5 stars. And no major zippers.

I've had my eye on the shopper @Serendipity, but don't like the price. It's on my wishlist, but we'll see. The hobo, eh, not so much...

@stevieb What color are you eyeing? I like them all. Even the snakes, so help me. Smiley Surprised It did have free shipping and the six EZ pay.

@Serendipity I don't really love any of them. The one I lean toward is the tannish color... Don't recall the name... 

@stevieb@Serendipity: I like that one too. The vintage leather is reminiscent of Patricia Nash bags. The light tan (butterscotch) is my favorite, too. Offer me that for $75 less, and free shipping, and l'd be all over it, LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Really liking some of the new AK bags:

A279325
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Shopper- Romanza

and

A279075
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Hobo - Vertigo

All 18 reviews for the vertigo are 5 stars. And no major zippers.

@Serendipity I like the size of these, and the outside pockets on the Romanza. None of the colors work for me though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval