Valued Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb@athenian@jaxs mom@hicindy2

The great pumpkin AK terracotta bag arrived. The leather is gorgeous and the terracotta color is splendid. Sister Golden Hair would love the feel & texture.  The folds in the leather that give it that Great Pumpkin bottom showcase the beauty of this bag The side zipper pockets are convenient and hidden so they do not compete with the design on the front. The back two pockets are perfect for sunglasses, phone or keys.  The handle is unique  and looks very understated designer. The interior layout is useful. It is very very roomy inside. But alas I have to return it because it is just too big for me to carry. And, with my lifestyle I truly need a hands free option. This is a bag when you put it over your shoulder you still must be mindful and hold the strap or push your arm against the bag to keep in place when walking actively.  These are only my issues.  The bag is a beauty & I am quite disappointed she did not work out for me. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 This is the original version that I have. Sometimes it pops up on ebay. The leather of this one is really great -- oiled vintage in a "tobacoo" color which is a deep, reddish brown. It has a padded compartment for a laptop too. The new version is not quite the same in that regard.

Unknown.jpeg

It is cute, I liked the silver which is gone now. When I checked after EELs post all that was left was tan and black. I don't think I really need it though. 

I don't know why I put the black one in my cart. I'm not buying it. It's only 3 inches deep and only has one outside pocket. It's cute but no. 

@jaxs mom Good news: the silver is still available. It was only made in the crossbody. But it's not yet on clearance! One to watch...

Most Wished For
QVC Price:$253.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments

Oh right it was the crossbody, I'm still resisting though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers I'm so sorry it didn't work out. It is pretty to look at. It has to be functional too though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom The bag just isn't functional for me and my lifestyle. It would be perfect for many ladies who like a larger bag and like carrying bags in their hands, crook of the arm or over their shoulder. I know several women who do prefer to wear a bag over their shoulder and rest their hand on the strap or bag. It is a terrific bag. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@handygal2 This is the original version that I have. Sometimes it pops up on ebay. The leather of this one is really great -- oiled vintage in a "tobacoo" color which is a deep, reddish brown. It has a padded compartment for a laptop too. The new version is not quite the same in that regard.

Unknown.jpeg

It is cute, I liked the silver which is gone now. When I checked after EELs post all that was left was tan and black. I don't think I really need it though. 

I don't know why I put the black one in my cart. I'm not buying it. It's only 3 inches deep and only has one outside pocket. It's cute but no. 

@jaxs mom Good news: the silver is still available. It was only made in the crossbody. But it's not yet on clearance! One to watch...

Most Wished For
QVC Price:$253.00
Available for 4 Easy Payments

Oh right it was the crossbody, I'm still resisting though.

At that price especially, I don't blame you...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb For 250 I'd have to really love a crossbody, it's not like I need anymore of those. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb For 250 I'd have to really love a crossbody, it's not like I need anymore of those. 

I hear THAT @jaxs mom... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama Happy birthday!!! Glad you had a great day Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2

oooh, the pouch is pretty :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@WhiteFlowers Too bad the AK was not functional for you! I think it's often difficult to really determine if a handbag will work for you if you're viewing it online or on television. You only know until you try it on to see how it fits -- and then you can see the color and the leather and the manufacturing details and so on. It's good that this one had free S&H so it won't be too much to send it back. With most handbags here, the return cost can be $18 to $20 just to be able to look at the bag! Well, there will always be more handbags to find! Woman Happy