Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girls Best Friend...

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

LOL @stevieb I like the new spin on the song. 

@Bird mama I'm glad your new shabooties are keepers. 

I'm so tired today. I ran around town, and I ran around the house cooking. 

@jaxs mom. I know... for some reason, I just feel wasted today. I don't think the late lunch with an allergy pill chaser helped...

As for the song 'revisions', I was going to parody the whole song but, well, maybe later...

But I will say, "Talk to me Ralph Lauren (Harry Winston), tell me all about it..."

And, in honor of dear Edith @EdithEllenLily, the following line can stand as-is (though we can all relate)...

Woman Wink

"Time rolls on and youth is gone and you can't straighten up when you bend... But stiff back or stiff knees you stand straight at... Tiffany's... Diamonds are a girls best friend"...

Woman Surprised

I SEE YOU @stevieb Woman Surprised Woman Tongue Woman LOL

Well that's nice Edith dear @EdithEllenLily... at least your eyes are still working properly...

Woman Surprised  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Well that was fun. It took me twice as long to get home because I had to detour to avoid flooding and I saw more than a dozen cars abandoned some of them even right in the middle of a traffic lane. It's so bad on my usual route that they have roads blocked and you can't even tell how deep some of the water is. A local farmers place I drive past, his field is completely flooded up to his house. IT's a mess. 

@jaxs mom Wow... well glad, at least, to know you got through it, lousy as the trip must have been...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Ok we're really getting pounded by rain. It's been downpour since last night and all morning. Now I just got a flash flood warning on my phone. I have to go into town in about an hour and I know I'll have to avoid my usual route which is prone to flooding. Last week the water was all the way into the center divider of a 6 lane road. My husband said we got 3 inches yesterday when he dumped the rain gauge and it only started raining after 10pm. I'm afraid to find out what todays will be. 

@jaxs moma number of months back you mentioned the possibility of a work-related relocation... Still any chance of that...?

Woman Wink

I have no idea. There are some complicated changes happening in the company as he grows a new part to their business model. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

@Serendipity wrote:

My notifications aren't working, fyi. Anyone else having a problem? I click on the link but it doesn't take me there. @stevieb I just got one from you, but can't find the post.

I haven't noticed any problems with mine. I'm using Safari if it's a browser issue. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb @jaxs mom @EdithEllenLily @Bird mama @gramygram @skyblue @handygal2 @sistergoldenhair @Boehm Collector

OK, in the now it can be told vein:

I ordered the AK Romanza in butterscotch when there was free shipping and received it today and I Heart it! Finally a winner after the zingers. (Trinas and Roma going back -- no point in trying to become accustomed to problems.) I love this bag so much, I just ordered the berry color too, which I think will work year round. You all know I am a crossbody girl, but this may be the most comfortable shoulder bag I have ever tried on. It's a distressed leather so if that's not your thing, then I'd skip it. It looks worn and you can see grain and some scratches, but the whole thing overall works. My phone in case fits in every single pocket and the flat shoulder straps do not fall off my shoulder. Because of the way the pockets are designed, it's like having five outside pockets (and two slip inside and one zip inside). It lays nice and flat against the body and has a good drop but does not jut out. Perfect, perfect. And @jaxs mom, I saw your question on another thread, the bottom has a reinforced flat panel with feet, but the bag does puddle down somewhat into it. Still it looks good. Smiley Very Happy So after the berry, I should go into hibernation so no more zingers for me. @EdithEllenLily I will keep you company. Oh yeah, and no smell. Smiley Very Happy

A279325 Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Shopper- Romanza

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Well that was fun. It took me twice as long to get home because I had to detour to avoid flooding and I saw more than a dozen cars abandoned some of them even right in the middle of a traffic lane. It's so bad on my usual route that they have roads blocked and you can't even tell how deep some of the water is. A local farmers place I drive past, his field is completely flooded up to his house. IT's a mess. 

@jaxs mom Wow... well glad, at least, to know you got through it, lousy as the trip must have been...

I have to do it again tonight of course, but at least it stopped raining. Here anyway. I really didn't expect it to be that bad in the city because my husband said it had only been raining lightly there, unlike at our house where it pounded all morning. 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

I ordered the AK Romanza in butterscotch when there was free shipping and received it today and I Heart it! Finally a winner after the zingers. (Trinas and Roma going back -- no point in trying to become accustomed to problems.) I love this bag so much, I just ordered the berry color too, which I think will work year round. You all know I am a crossbody girl, but this may be the most comfortable shoulder bag I have ever tried on. It's a distressed leather so if that's not your thing, then I'd skip it. It looks worn and you can see grain and some scratches, but the whole thing overall works. My phone in case fits in every single pocket and the flat shoulder straps do not fall off my shoulder. Because of the way the pockets are designed, it's like having five outside pockets (and two slip inside and one zip inside). It lays nice and flat against the body and has a good drop but does not jut out. Perfect, perfect. And @jaxs mom, I saw your question on another thread, the bottom has a reinforced flat panel with feet, but the bag does puddle down somewhat into it. Still it looks good. Smiley Very Happy So after the berry, I should go into hibernation so no more zingers for me. @EdithEllenLily I will keep you company. Oh yeah, and no smell. Smiley Very Happy

@Serendipity Thanks for the detailed review. I don't mind ( and actually like) a little puddle at the bottom of the bag. I just hate it when the whole top falls into a pile of leather. The bag sounds really nice. I like the distressed leather and the outside pockets, and the size. My other AK bag had a similiar wide shoulder strap and I loved how to stayed on my shoulder so well because it was so aoft and flexible. I do like that bag and maybe they will come out with more colors?

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

My notifications aren't working, fyi. Anyone else having a problem? I click on the link but it doesn't take me there. @stevieb I just got one from you, but can't find the post.

I'm getting mine (at the moment anyway) @Serendipity and able to send them fine in Chrome, but for a while now, there has been no drop down menu of recent names in IE so it's a PIA to send notifications using that browser... Let's face it, they don't know WHAT they're doing around here... And there have been scores of posts about scores of different issues using scores of different devices and scores of different browsers... 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity Thanks for the detailed review. I don't mind ( and actually like) a little puddle at the bottom of the bag. I just hate it when the whole top falls into a pile of leather. The bag sounds really nice. I like the distressed leather and the outside pockets, and the size. My other AK bag had a similiar wide shoulder strap and I loved how to stayed on my shoulder so well because it was so aoft and flexible. I do like that bag and maybe they will come out with more colors?

@jaxs mom I really hope so! I would love it in other colors. The butterscotch is now sold out. But AK hasn't repeated a bag so far. The American flag came back in a different version, but it's not quite the same, and that's all that I recall. She's constantly changing them up. That's why I ordered the berry. But I will have to keep an eye out for her "shopper" style and flat handles.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb I'm getting the drop down. But of course in the new thread with one or two posts I only got you. Now I'm getting everyone that recently posted.