Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girls Best Friend...

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@TY wrote:

I'm carrying a gray leather Aimee Kestenberg handbag. It's the Dani style bag, a mag snap closure double handled tote with a removable shoulder strap. It's fairly nice even though it's a bit big and heavy.

@TY Hi there! I have thought about this Dani in grey...I like it with the gold hardware. Did you see that the matching wallet is on clearance and easy pay? Come back and chat anytime, EEL Woman Happy

P.S. The wallet does come in grey...blush is pictured here. 

Most Wished For
QVC Price: $79.75Clearance Price: $49.00
Available for 2 Easy Payments

I've seen the wallet and the design is nice, I like the quilting on the Dani items. I also have the same handbag in black. As I bought mine in Canada, the gray bag and the black bag have silver hardware as I'm pretty sure that Aimee made the Dani bags with both colors of hardware for different markets.

Honored Contributor

Well that was fun. It took me twice as long to get home because I had to detour to avoid flooding and I saw more than a dozen cars abandoned some of them even right in the middle of a traffic lane. It's so bad on my usual route that they have roads blocked and you can't even tell how deep some of the water is. A local farmers place I drive past, his field is completely flooded up to his house. IT's a mess. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxsmom   I am so sorry you are getting flooded in your part of the country.  I'm a bit of of a chicken when it comes to wind when it storms.  Right behind that is too much water.  Water is so destructive. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@TY wrote:

I'm carrying a gray leather Aimee Kestenberg handbag. It's the Dani style bag, a mag snap closure double handled tote with a removable shoulder strap. It's fairly nice even though it's a bit big and heavy.

@TY Hi there! I have thought about this Dani in grey...I like it with the gold hardware. Did you see that the matching wallet is on clearance and easy pay? Come back and chat anytime, EEL Woman Happy

Most Wished For

I've seen the wallet and the design is nice, I like the quilting on the Dani items. I also have the same handbag in black. As I bought mine in Canada, the gray bag and the black bag have silver hardware as I'm pretty sure that Aimee made the Dani bags with both colors of hardware for different markets.

@TY The silver hardware would totally change the look! I'm imagining it now. I think I would like the grey with the silver, too. And I think black always looks good with silver. Aimee is a global gal...I can see her thinking of the climates and everything with her different handbags! Interesting...thanks! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's completely pouring here today and last night was yet another big loud thunderstorm, luckily it didn't hit until I got back home though. On the positive side, my garden won't need watering. 

It actually cleared off reasonably well here... Was a mix of sun and clouds, but more than enough sun to justify an afternoon at the poolhouse...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

Ok we're really getting pounded by rain. It's been downpour since last night and all morning. Now I just got a flash flood warning on my phone. I have to go into town in about an hour and I know I'll have to avoid my usual route which is prone to flooding. Last week the water was all the way into the center divider of a 6 lane road. My husband said we got 3 inches yesterday when he dumped the rain gauge and it only started raining after 10pm. I'm afraid to find out what todays will be. 

@jaxs mom a number of months back you mentioned the possibility of a work-related relocation... Still any chance of that...?

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@TY wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@TY wrote:

Most Wished For

@TY The silver hardware would totally change the look! I'm imagining it now. I think I would like the grey with the silver, too. And I think black always looks good with silver. Aimee is a global gal...I can see her thinking of the climates and everything with her different handbags! Interesting...thanks! Woman Happy

@TY @EdithEllenLily How interesting to know that the hardware is different for different markets. I have the black Dani with the gold hardware and love it, too, as it reminds me of Chanel quilting with gold hardware -- not that this is the same, but it really pops on this bag. But I could see it lovey with silver also. Same for the grey. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity Stick with your black perforated journal. Even though my brown was wrapped, something put a dent in the smooth leather and there seemed to be an odor with the brown...I know how those odors make you Woman Tongue Woman Wink

@EdithEllenLily Oh no! Well if it has an odor send it back, EEL. I know it was final sale, but that wouldn't cover defective items, would it? Thanks for the heads up. I will refrain.

Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girl's Best Friend...

[ Edited ]

My notifications aren't working, fyi. Anyone else having a problem? I click on the link but it doesn't take me there. @stevieb I just got one from you, but can't find the post.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily I changed girls to girl's... but because we tend to quote and post on top of older posts (in some cases over and over again...) it'll probably never make it's way through the entire thead... So be it... but glad you enjoyed the video...

Woman Happy