Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girls Best Friend...

[ Edited ]

I knew this would happen... idiot weather men... They had yesterday pretty much called as a washout, so I opted to run errands and so on and it turned out to be a sunny day... Today, which was supposed to be better, I'd elected to devote to lounging at the pool and on the terrace outside, reading and so on... So, as you can imagine, the sun made an appearance earlier this morning but seems to have become rather scarce since them... Figures... How those dolts not only keep their jobs but get paid what the are paid is one of the true mysteries of modern times...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's completely pouring here today and last night was yet another big loud thunderstorm, luckily it didn't hit until I got back home though. On the positive side, my garden won't need watering. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I like the generic thread title for June.  It appears to me to solve many concerns expressed over the last couple of months.

~ less emphasis on sisterhood and all the warm and fuzzy stuff

~ less like a clan or clique

I'm sure most new posters will catch on to the sense of humor :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Ok we're really getting pounded by rain. It's been downpour since last night and all morning. Now I just got a flash flood warning on my phone. I have to go into town in about an hour and I know I'll have to avoid my usual route which is prone to flooding. Last week the water was all the way into the center divider of a 6 lane road. My husband said we got 3 inches yesterday when he dumped the rain gauge and it only started raining after 10pm. I'm afraid to find out what todays will be. 

Honored Contributor

So the dude called me and went into the clinic and they gave him a shot of antibiotics and a rx. No discussion of the cat in question lol. Apparently me telling him he should go the day it happened wasn't as compelling as his male coworkers telling him to. sigh men. LOL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 @Serendipity @EdithEllenLily @Boehm Collector @skyblue @athenian @violet runner @Bird mama @BlingQueen022 @gramygram @Sister Golden Hair @asoutherngirl @jaxs mom @hicindy2 @NycVixen

(If I forgot anyone, will someone please direct them to the new thread...)

As dear Marilyn would say...

A kiss on the hand... and all that...

"Men grow cold as girls get old and we all lose our charms in the end"...

But satchels in square shapes good bags don't lose their shapes... Handbags are a girls best friend...

Oh, and diamonds are nice too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGfC7GYi18

Yes, ladies, it's that time and June, it seems, is busting out all over...

@stevieb Thanks for making me laugh, girl. Woman LOL This opening is simply delightful...and so true. I'm just popping in quickly because I can't sit here too long (but I AM getting better already). Ummm, any chance you can add the possessive in the headline to make it Girl's? School marm talking, I know. Woman Wink

I actually tried to think about what you would do for June. My money was on "Handbags are busting out all over" -- and I see that you mentioned the 'regular' version at the end of you post. Super cute all around. I enjoyed seeing the video, too. Thx, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity Stick with your black perforated journal. Even though my brown was wrapped, something put a dent in the smooth leather and there seemed to be an odor with the brown...I know how those odors make you Woman Tongue Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

LOL @stevieb I like the new spin on the song. 

@Bird mama I'm glad your new shabooties are keepers. 

I'm so tired today. I ran around town, and I ran around the house cooking. 

@jaxs mom. I know... for some reason, I just feel wasted today. I don't think the late lunch with an allergy pill chaser helped...

As for the song 'revisions', I was going to parody the whole song but, well, maybe later...

But I will say, "Talk to me Ralph Lauren (Harry Winston), tell me all about it..."

And, in honor of dear Edith @EdithEllenLily, the following line can stand as-is (though we can all relate)...

Woman Wink

"Time rolls on and youth is gone and you can't straighten up when you bend... But stiff back or stiff knees you stand straight at... Tiffany's... Diamonds are a girls best friend"...

Woman Surprised

I SEE YOU @stevieb Woman Surprised Woman Tongue Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@jaxsmom    That's a man for you, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I'm carrying a gray leather Aimee Kestenberg handbag. It's the Dani style bag, a mag snap closure double handled tote with a removable shoulder strap. It's fairly nice even though it's a bit big and heavy.

@TY Hi there! I have thought about this Dani in grey...I like it with the gold hardware. Did you see that the matching wallet is on clearance and easy pay? Come back and chat anytime, EEL Woman Happy

P.S. The wallet does come in grey...blush is pictured here. 

Most Wished For
QVC Price: $79.75Clearance Price: $49.00
Available for 2 Easy Payments