Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags are a Girls Best Friend...

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

We have a theme each month, lol.  Then we twist it.  Is the LG thing a fanny pack?  Not making fun of the fanny pack,  I wore one out when Max when young and we lived in a townhouse and I walked him all the time.  Had such nice legs from all that walking with the dog, sigh.  

Sounds like it @Bird mama... and it's an each to their own kind of thing, but I didn't do fanny packs the first time around and don't plan to this time either... And I don't care WHAT they call them...

No kidding. I don't care what they call them either. No to the fanny pack. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Serendipity

Okay, did I read that right?  Your vitamix don't have an on and off switch?!  That's gotta be one of the most assbackwards things I've heard in a week.  

@Bird mama Well, you can turn the pulse to zero, so it's not blending, but you can't turn it off and the light keeps flashing and the manual says you have to unplug it after use, so it's a half-half sort of thing. But you know if you had to plug in and unplug your toaster or coffee maker every time .... 

@stevieb I think I just need to go into hiberation mode. LOL.

I don't keep mine plugged in and it has an on/off switch. I don't even keep my mixer plugged in. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that the thread title is pulling in people that are only replying to the title? 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Serendipity

Okay, did I read that right?  Your vitamix don't have an on and off switch?!  That's gotta be one of the most assbackwards things I've heard in a week.  

@Bird mama Well, you can turn the pulse to zero, so it's not blending, but you can't turn it off and the light keeps flashing and the manual says you have to unplug it after use, so it's a half-half sort of thing. But you know if you had to plug in and unplug your toaster or coffee maker every time .... 

@stevieb I think I just need to go into hiberation mode. LOL.

I'll tell you what @Serendipity, as sleepy as I am, I feel like I could !!

But if you mean because you haven't exactly been batting a thousand lately with the purchases, I have to say, I'm getting really sick of shopping on-line and not really knowing what you're going to receive, but now I'm increasingly finding that shopping locally is very limited... I think we've created an on-line shopping monster... That said, I am increasingly leery of doing too much shopping, um, here...

@stevieb Yes, that's what I mean. Let's say I went to Williams-Sonoma, could I get a Vitamix for 40% more cost, but get the one that I want because someone showed me the difference? Or would no one help me there either. That said, I had a lot of fun at Bloomie's the other day. Smiley Happy

@Serendipity My thinking is you wouldn't pay much more, if anything, elsewhere and you'd get help... Now, whether or not that supposed help actually knew anything about the product would depend on where you went... and the big assumption, these days it seems, is that there would even be anything local to go to... The big malls are still around, well, some of them... and then there are still the strip malls, but the stores in them aren't what they used to be in too many instances. Even when the stores carry the same name, they sometimes aren't managed as some of them once were.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I'm carrying a gray leather Aimee Kestenberg handbag. It's the Dani style bag, a mag snap closure double handled tote with a removable shoulder strap. It's fairly nice even though it's a bit big and heavy.

Hi @TY... wasn't that the quilted number? I always liked that bag...

Honored Contributor

With the internet there is a ton of info out there to make an informed purchase. I actually never go into stores to ask sales people info on items. I can get a broader perspective by researching online. You tube has tons of videos that are actually informative and detail the differences between models of small appliances. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Really liking some of the new AK bags:

A279325
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Shopper- Romanza

and

A279075
Aimee Kestenberg Vintage Leather Hobo - Vertigo

All 18 reviews for the vertigo are 5 stars. And no major zippers.

I've had my eye on the shopper @Serendipity, but don't like the price. It's on my wishlist, but we'll see. The hobo, eh, not so much...

@stevieb What color are you eyeing? I like them all. Even the snakes, so help me. Smiley Surprised It did have free shipping and the six EZ pay.

@Serendipity I don't really love any of them. The one I lean toward is the tannish color... Don't recall the name... 

@stevieb@Serendipity: I like that one too. The vintage leather is reminiscent of Patricia Nash bags. The light tan (butterscotch) is my favorite, too. Offer me that for $75 less, and free shipping, and l'd be all over it, LOL.

I think they might need to up the ante on the percent off for me @handygal2... Not that either of us is going to get our wish around here where the word 'sale' carries no real realtionship to the word's actual meaning... And yes, then there's the shipping. If you're really lucky, you might... big might... catch a break on that one... Oh but there's Easy Pay.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

We have a theme each month, lol.  Then we twist it.  Is the LG thing a fanny pack?  Not making fun of the fanny pack,  I wore one out when Max when young and we lived in a townhouse and I walked him all the time.  Had such nice legs from all that walking with the dog, sigh.  

Sounds like it @Bird mama... and it's an each to their own kind of thing, but I didn't do fanny packs the first time around and don't plan to this time either... And I don't care WHAT they call them...

No kidding. I don't care what they call them either. No to the fanny pack. 

Oh, you must mean the 'belt bag'...  Whatever...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Does anyone else find it slightly amusing that the thread title is pulling in people that are only replying to the title? 

That happened quite a bit with the 'never such devoted sisters' thread, with folks just drawn to the song...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

With the internet there is a ton of info out there to make an informed purchase. I actually never go into stores to ask sales people info on items. I can get a broader perspective by researching online. You tube has tons of videos that are actually informative and detail the differences between models of small appliances. 

Oh, the information's there, but nothing beats the old days of being able to walk into a store and not only did they have what you were looking for, but the sales staff was helpful and available, and gasp, knew about the products they carried... I guess I just am not a big fan of today's 'self-service' mentality, especially given what everything costs... But it is what it is and I don't get the sense we'll be going back...