Respected Contributor

Handbags and Dust Covers?

[ Edited ]

I was just wondering how many of you ladies keep your handbags in the dust covers when not in use.  Is it necessary to protect the bag?  Is there any way to store handbags, still protect them and be able to see at a glance what is in the bag?    I've seen some creative ideas on Pinterest but none appealed to me.

It is so frustrating for me to change handbags.  I want to open the closet and see what I want in a glance.  I don't want to open four or five dust covers until I find the right bag. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Handbags and Dust Covers?

I have a slight handbag obsession and have many bags.   I only keep just 4 of the more expensive purses in protective bags which I was able to find on Amazon.   The bags have a small window that allows you to see which handbag is in each one.   

Like you, I just don't have the patience to open each and every bag when I want to change purses.   

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I have a slight handbag obsession and have many bags.   I only keep just 4 of the more expensive purses in protective bags which I was able to find on Amazon.   The bags have a small window that allows you to see which handbag is in each one.   

Like you, I just don't have the patience to open each and every bag when I want to change purses.   

I have that same obsession.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

i agree.

while the supplied dust covers are nice, i have to open and search each for bag i want.

these look useful from amazon.  one side is clear.

bagdustcover.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Regular Contributor

I have more bags than necessary, but I can't help it!  I love purses and totes and bags, etc.  The bags I call my "spring/summer" bags/purses I put in dust covers during the  fall and winter and then bring them out in the spring and put the "fall/winter" ones in dust covers.

Respected Contributor

I just went theough my bags and weeded out the ones i dont use, ever.   Will donate them.  I keep my bags covered.  I dont have so many so I know what is in each bag.  

Trusted Contributor

i have many handbags, and the bulk of them are all in dustbags, in my bag closet. it's only the ones i use frequently, there are 4, that i leave on a shelf. i do switch purses so that i get to use all of them, but many times i feel it's too much work and i get lazy. 

Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette  I love the set you posted but can't find them on Amazon.  Would you please post what they are called?  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I do keep my handbags in their dust covers to protect them from dust and scratches as I go in and out of the closets.

I, too, was always peeking inside to find bags and recently labeled the dust covered bags with the name of the handbag on white marking labels, which we use for the annual yard sale. You can tie one of these labels around one of the dust cover pull strings and then it hangs in front so you can easily find the bag you need.

Avery(R) White Marking Tags 6732, Strung, 1-3/4" x 1-3/32", Pack of 100

I usually use the dust cover that comes with the bag. For white and bone handbags I use a new, clean, white king-sized cotton pillowcase, tied in a knot at the top OR you can find white cotton zippered pillow covers at Bed Bath & Beyond. I don't use dark-colored dust bags on light-colored bags just to be safe.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judy0330 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette  I love the set you posted but can't find them on Amazon.  Would you please post what they are called?  Thanks!!

JHGJ Handbag Organizer Storage Bag Holder Dust Cover

Sixsop Handbag Storage Anti-dust Cover, Handbag Organizer Storage Bag Holder Dust Cove

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~