Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

Have a fantastic long Fourth weekend, too, Serendipity! And good for you about your "spring cleaning" project! My goodness I do really enjoy paring down and getting organized. My guest room is still a work in progress but it's getting there! I think your silver bracelet is really cool but a bit too modern for me and it's still pretty expensive. Maybe if it goes on Lunchtime Specials one day I will try it! Woman Happy

Thanks, EEL. I'm determined! Have lots of boxes and ready to go. Good luck to you too. As for the bracelet, I just realized that when I got it, it was 40 less, maybe different size, or maybe inflation. Glad I got it when I did. But nothing is the value of the hematite bracelets! I checked in and the reviews are almost all 5 stars!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Been looking at different handbags lately in an attempt to cheer up.  After reading so many posts about TJ Maxx.... I think I am going to try to visit our local one some time this weekend.... just o look at what might be available.  Been looking at Burberry Handbags.  Maybe someday I'll actuall be able to afford one.  Like these:

4b99ea03b5674c59f5388958091948919533cf2c.jpeg

Oh my YES, Maria, this one...  Making me weak in the knees...  I don't even want to know the price...

Yes, that is my favorite one too!!  It comes in different sizes:  $1295; $1495 and $1695.  So it looks like I won't be buying any time soon.  Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

This Burberry bag looks almost identical to my coach bag my daughter gave me for Christmas almost same color and same style Heart love it!

Oh my ... I am going to have to check out the Coach website ........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tough_kitty wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@tough_kitty wrote:

So, In other words, there is nothing you really like about this bag other than the looks?? 

All right Miss Kitty let's just nix the snark factor.  Evidently, you didn't get the memo, but these are the new and, uh, improved... Q boards where never is heard a discouraging word or you'll be labeled as contentious or something...  Besides, HELLO, do we routinely go out and buy bags we find to be ugly...?  I love the look, the color, the leather, I'm just not sure about the practicality and I am very sure the price it too much...

Snark? Huh?? I'm protecting your interests as a true friend would do! Trying to show you that no matter as pretty, the bag wouldn't make a good investment in your case.... Smiley Happy 

Now calm down... I was just poking a little fun at what some are hailing as these new 'kinder, gentler' (almost lethally boring) boards...  

That bag is a no-go...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

This Burberry bag looks almost identical to my coach bag my daughter gave me for Christmas almost same color and same style Heart love it!

At those prices, I'll be skipping the Burberry too...  but almost the same isn't quite the same, so I'll keep holding out, not buying bags until maybe one day I can afford my original Burberry favorite!!

Honored Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

Sounds like a beauty, gramy...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@gramygram wrote:

At those prices, I'll be skipping the Burberry too...  but almost the same isn't quite the same, so I'll keep holding out, not buying bags until maybe one day I can afford my original Burberry favorite!!

@stevieb ... I didn't see anything on the Coach website that resembled the Burberry.  But I suppose I have to agree with you... "almost the same isn't quite the same".  I also love your favorite Burberry.  If I could afford one .. I would have a difficult time deciding between the two.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Hobos are nice, but it was the Koobas that had the sumptuous leather... Oh my gosh it was nicer than nice...  Some of the sweetest leather I've ever felt, bar none.

I will still be on the lookout for those Koobas. There ARE other TJM stores in the Chicago area! Woman Wink I just hope the cameras in the store are not on me when I'm checking them out...

What a fabulous idea...  Calls have been made...  They will be on you...  All of them...

Woman Surprised Maybe I'll order one online with a place that has free shipping and free returns! Woman Tongue

Whatever...  the good Mister and I have also wired up your computer... You can run, EEL, but you CAN NOT hide...  Your M.O. is now known world wide and you have been tagged...  You best be changing your ways... It's your only hope for sal-a-va-shun...  Have Mercy!

You won't believe this (but please try)...as of today I am changing my ways. You know the day you were sick of handbags? Sick of them? Well, I'm there. I still love them, but I don't want to buy any more. I am going to go through all of them now that the garage sale is over and make a new master list with the handbag and its location and start using these beautiful handbags. I wish I could be your first resident in the handbag treatment program because between us maybe we could figure out why we buy so many of them. There has to be some psychology behind what we do...wish we could sit down together and analyze it...sometimes I really can't believe how many handbags I have! And they keep rolling in! It does help to write about it here with someone who understands, so thank you, stevieb, for being my handbag friend. Woman Happy

It would be interesting to discuss, sort through and try to resolve...  Here's hoping we both have some success or at least some limits...  I just get absolutely stuck when I try to clean out closets (or spare bedrooms) by the volume of them and that's part of why I've been so resistant lately.  I still love them, there are even a few I'd really love to own and maybe I will purchase a bag every now and then, but I'm frankly overwhelmed by them...  We can be the two charter members of our very own chapter of Handbags Anonymous...  Enjoy the 4th, EEL...  Personally, I'm not a big fan of all the noise, and as far as fireworks go, if you've seen them, you've seen them, so it's not among my favorite holidays, but I'll take it for what it's worth...  If the sun would shine, at least I could go to the pool and read a trashy novel...

All right EEL...  I'll make note of the fact that you did say 'as of today' (which was yesterday) because otherwise, having viewed your posts over in the AK thread and the Spartina thread, your credibility would be slipping... and badly...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, in keeping with the rest of the week, which, with the exception of a lovely Monday, has pretty much stunk, the 4th has dawned, dreary, rainy and nasty here in the Nation's Qwapitol.  Hoping others enjoy their holiday plans...  My only mission was to head to the pool, but I guess that's a big nix...   The club put off their fireworks last night and it was so overcast that they failed to 'wow', as they have in years past...  Then again, fireworks are fireworks and if you've seen one, well, you've pretty much seen them all...

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:
Just an FYI to you all, ladies.... I finally found something useful to keep me busy - I've become a presenter for a cosmetics line so now I need to find a few customers to make some profit... So, if I don't post much anymore - that's the reason why. Unfortunately, I can't advertise over here.....

Good luck with your new presenter endeavor, TK! Maybe you can show some of your co-workers after hours (the ones that are rather 'plain')? Woman Wink And I don't know if it's the company that gives out cars for top sales, but if it is, what a good way to get a new car! And this company used to give pink cars, but I have seen white ones tooling around here more recently...

In any case, come back when you can! Woman Happy