Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

Well, plans thwarted by tropical storm and monsoon weather that has closed beaches from Malibu to Redondo for lightning strikes and high swells. It's hot, humid, raining and much closer to DC weather than So. Cal. Yuck.

So, a little handbag shopping, er dreaming, er shopping.

Then spring cleaning redux.

Then time to read Harper Lee's new book (but not on the beach, boo).

I've already started on that first one... Smiley Tongue I'm afraid I've temporarily fallen out of Phase 2. (Sorry @Boehm Collector. Still a little more to work out of my system apparently!)

All right look, y'all have been needing rain.  You can't have it both ways...  It rained on your parade...  Welcome to the real world...

Woman Tongue

As for Harper Lee's new book, holy mother of whoever or whatever...  if I hear one more word about that dame's book I'm not going to be responsble for my actions.  So tread very carefully here, STP...  Sorry, but Serendipity's just too long and while it might flow off the tongue, it doesn't flow off the keyboard...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie, "duty free"? Does it mean there is an overseas trip in your nearest future?? Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Couldn't resist this one. It's such a clean bag with no logos (the hangtag is removable), lightweight, perfect adjustable crossbody/shoulder strap and a little depth on the bottom and built in wallet organizer. The color is great for several outfits I have. There are three blues, and I opted for the "blue tile" (top) a bit more teal yet more blue than appears in this photo over the "aquamarine" (bottom) closer to lighter turquoise or "electric blue," which also had gold hardware.

Blue tile

aquamarine

They are on sale at Macys now for $117.99.... very pretty....

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:
Stevie, "duty free"? Does it mean there is an overseas trip in your nearest future?? Smiley Wink

I still say it's Bermuda... Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Well, plans thwarted by tropical storm and monsoon weather that has closed beaches from Malibu to Redondo for lightning strikes and high swells. It's hot, humid, raining and much closer to DC weather than So. Cal. Yuck.

So, a little handbag shopping, er dreaming, er shopping.

Then spring cleaning redux.

Then time to read Harper Lee's new book (but not on the beach, boo).

I've already started on that first one... Smiley Tongue I'm afraid I've temporarily fallen out of Phase 2. (Sorry @Boehm Collector. Still a little more to work out of my system apparently!)

All right look, y'all have been needing rain.  You can't have it both ways...  It rained on your parade...  Welcome to the real world...

Woman Tongue

As for Harper Lee's new book, holy mother of whoever or whatever...  if I hear one more word about that dame's book I'm not going to be responsble for my actions.  So tread very carefully here, STP...  Sorry, but Serendipity's just too long and while it might flow off the tongue, it doesn't flow off the keyboard...

Woman Very Happy

I know, I know, we need rain. It's not like we don't have great weather at least 350 days a year....

Anything BUT an acronym that is one letter off from some other acronym... no talking How about SY, cut out the middlemen?

I'm not sure what's going on with Lee's book...???

Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty TK, Nordstrom does price matching now!

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb Thanks for the thoughts on the Ripka bracelet. I wore it around home yesterday and it didn't have any issue opening or falling off. Had never seen white agate before, and it's so pretty. Still sleeping on it, but even the touch of CZ seems to work on this one.

I think a black wallet would be important. In fact, I started out thinking I'd buy black, but didn't like any that I saw. The Minkoff in black had black hardware that made it look cheap. I should probably get a different style anyway. The black quilted AK I sent back as defective and didn't reorder.

Definitely open to suggestions on black wallets, both regular size and small size -- if you all see any on good sale or good price. I'd like one that can be day and night, since my other two are more day.

In another post, which you may not have seen, I had to thank you again for the elongated status ring suggestion because I am getting several compilments on it by men, and it's been a nice conversation starter! Somehow, from your last post, I'm thinking you don't need that. Smiley Wink

Glad that ring worked out for you.  I sitll have it on wish list and might try it out...  As for meeting other guys, well, it's always a good thing...  At this stage of life, I'm not looking to settle down anyway, so meeting new men is fine with me!!

As for wallets, good gosh, they're everywhere...  Like many of my bags, I often find a good selection at TJ's...  I am currently using a longer but very slender RL wallet I got there in brown basketweave with a goldtone logo and it's very useful... Have the same wallet in black saffiano with a slivertone logo and like that one a lot too.  Dare I say, I also have the same wallet in royal blue saffiano but haven't used it yet.  Not only are the initial prices better there, but if they stick around too long, they go on clearance and you can pick them up easily for a third of what you'd pay at 'better' stores.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Oh my ..... this is not good.  I have now discovered My Habit thanks to Luv My Cresties. I know several of you had mentioned it before but I nevered checked it out before.  I really like this Salvatore Ferragamo :

81Ag5NtIGZL._UY576_CR0,0,430,576_.jpg

Great bag, Maria...  Very elegant.   But as for Serendipity  (sorry, but SY just doesn't do it..  maybe just DIP.... Woman Very Happy) forget about it...  All this 'phase' nonsense clearly means nothing to her.  The Headmistress shredded her application and then burned the paper fragments...  She's been put on The Academy's 'do not call' list...

As for MH, yes they have some good bags, but as I was saying somewhere, it seems the used to have better turnover, the occasional price reduction and even the occasional percent off...  I'm losing interest and they need to do something to bring me back into the fold...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

And yet there is more, stevieb, regarding parts of your message...

"reverted to type with your little multiples problem again, what with the same earrings in BOTH silver and gold"

So I DO like Rudolph and Sam the snowman singing "Silver and Gold"...but that's not why I was swayed...they were actually 18K huggie hoops in both white gold and yellow gold...something I didn't have and pretty reasonably priced. (apologies for mentioning a Christmas show in July and particularly, this weekend...)

Excuses, excuses...  You can say CIJ all you like, just don't make me watch this qwap...

I was sort of tempted by the JR gemstone band rings and might still be at some point.

I thought about them, too, but I really don't like eternity bands of any kind because the stones underneath your finger may get scratched or oddly worn and then twist around showing the marred side on top...

For the price of these, I'm not going to worry about their longevity...  I love eternity bands!!

there's a very real possibility I'll be receiving The Letter

I don't think so, unless you are using a Q Card...

Nope, no Q Card for me...  At one time i thought about it but am glad not to have hitched my wagon to this outfit...

Even had I not been, well, tied up (no, not that way, Missus Grey...) for most of the day

That's good...it's just too darn kinky, even for me...

Well, now, a lilttle kink now and then can be a good thing... Depending, of course, on how one defines 'kink'...

Woman Wink

but swears she won't hold these lapses against you...

Thank goodness! I even would not mind a time-out room because I have needed a time-out for years... And thank you for begging the Headmistress to keep me high up on the waitlist because I am just trouble...

Yes, well, just don't give her reason to reconsider her generosity...

I also have to apologize for being jealous...I am...and I am working on it...I just can't help it that I was born with a heart three sizes too large Heart Heart Heart...kind of like the Grinch at the end of the show when his heart increases three sizes (up from the two sizes too small problem he had at the beginning of the show). (third apologies in this message...for yet another Christmas reference...)

For heaven's sake Edith... you're a happlily married woman.  Why on earth would you be jealous!?

Now I am going to go check out the Valerie show...don't hold it against me! Woman Happy

Your call...  Personally, I've seen enough of the kitsch, the Vegas Angel and those freakin' globes...

All that said, with the sale and the extra percent off, I too might have to give HB a gander...  They do have some pretty bags...

MY COMMENTS ARE IN BLUE, ABOVE, WITHIN THE BODY OF YOUR TEXT, EEL...

Honored Contributor

Maria, @Boehm Collector enjoy Rehoboth!!  I love it there...  It's my favorite mid-Atlantic beach and even though I realize you're just going for the outlets, it's a great little town, as is Lewes...  I've often thought I might like to move up there and maybe one day I shall...  Anyway, the outlets there are pretty good...  I agree, you'll have a hard time not doing any damage at DB and Coach, but hey, why not.  If you don't carry a balance on your cards, then you're doing something very right!!  I believe there might also be a Q outlet there, but not sure...  Anyway, some great places to visit and to eat in the Rehoboth/Lewes area...  

As for you, Dipity Do @Serendipity, did you by any chance return any of those AK multiples you ordered...?  Hmmmm?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Woman Very Happy