Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

Hi everyone. I don't post much but I have read every page of all your quarters lol. I just wanted to let you know that there are 10 Valentino"s on My Habit right now with the most expensive one at only $459.00.
Honored Contributor

@Luv My Cresties wrote:
Hi everyone. I don't post much but I have read every page of all your quarters lol. I just wanted to let you know that there are 10 Valentino"s on My Habit right now with the most expensive one at only $459.00.

Welcome!  And yep there are two levels of Valentino bags offered there.  Neither are exactly low cost, but there are a number of bags under a thousand in the second of the two categories.  Unfortunately, the other category are all a thousand or over !!  I keep wishing MH would do a price cut, as they do occasionally, or offer a percent off coupon as they used to also do occasionally, but I haven't seen any great deals coming forth from them since spring...  The merchandise turnover also seems sort of flat right now...  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie Smiley Happy not to worry about that server.... I'm not picturing him as my future husband or anything like that Smiley Happy but it helps to know that not only is he an eye candy, but he also has a brain! And he came by to talk to us a lot too.... Actually, when he was passing by our table, I saw him looking at me a few times. So, when he came by again, I asked if he went to college (the brewery is by college where I used to work), and he said he just graduated with economics degree and looking for a job. Then I decided to ask him what his girlfriend's major was Smiley Wink and he said he didn't have a girlfriend.... she actually just recently broke up with him. Anyway, it was fun just to talk to him.... I'm not expecting anything.... but it would be nice just to hang out....

As for my job, no promotion yet, but I'll be on a promotional list soon and hoping to get it soon. Thank you Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, plans thwarted by tropical storm and monsoon weather that has closed beaches from Malibu to Redondo for lightning strikes and high swells. It's hot, humid, raining and much closer to DC weather than So. Cal. Yuck.

So, a little handbag shopping, er dreaming, er shopping.

Then spring cleaning redux.

Then time to read Harper Lee's new book (but not on the beach, boo).

I've already started on that first one... Smiley Tongue I'm afraid I've temporarily fallen out of Phase 2. (Sorry @Boehm Collector. Still a little more to work out of my system apparently!)

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Thanks for the thoughts on the Ripka bracelet. I wore it around home yesterday and it didn't have any issue opening or falling off. Had never seen white agate before, and it's so pretty. Still sleeping on it, but even the touch of CZ seems to work on this one.

I think a black wallet would be important. In fact, I started out thinking I'd buy black, but didn't like any that I saw. The Minkoff in black had black hardware that made it look cheap. I should probably get a different style anyway. The black quilted AK I sent back as defective and didn't reorder.

Definitely open to suggestions on black wallets, both regular size and small size -- if you all see any on good sale or good price. I'd like one that can be day and night, since my other two are more day.

In another post, which you may not have seen, I had to thank you again for the elongated status ring suggestion because I am getting several compilments on it by men, and it's been a nice conversation starter! Somehow, from your last post, I'm thinking you don't need that. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Couldn't resist this one. It's such a clean bag with no logos (the hangtag is removable), lightweight, perfect adjustable crossbody/shoulder strap and a little depth on the bottom and built in wallet organizer. The color is great for several outfits I have. There are three blues, and I opted for the "blue tile" (top) a bit more teal yet more blue than appears in this photo over the "aquamarine" (bottom) closer to lighter turquoise or "electric blue," which also had gold hardware.

Blue tile

aquamarine

Honored Contributor

Your timing is impeccable, mystery lady stevieb...I was just about to blow, spin, crash and tumble (but not "drop and roll" like I was taught in skydiving class). But then there you are in all your esteemed Goddessness with your perfect words, wise admonitions and crack-up wit. Slippery as an eel, eh? Well, whatever works! Woman LOL

So, with all of those hints, I have some ideas on your disappearance, but I will keep them to myself. Should I be admitted into the rehab curriculum to knock this wackadoodle handbag habit once and for all, that may be when I will learn more, if it's not top secret, but in the meantime, it sounds like you are happy and having fun and that is the best, best news of all. Although I am a little jealous...Woman Wink

At least I'm still on waitlist despite distressing the Headmistress a bit over the last few days... I'm glad she was pleased at my resistance to GEM day, although I'm sure she would not be surprised to know there were orders that got canceled...again, whatever works! 

And, despite yet another Henri Bendel email today that said there is an extra 10% off of the 50% off sale prices, I am not buying any more HB handbags, so that should pep the old gal up a bit. By the way, tell her she's not old unless she's either pushing 100 or pushing up daisies...

So you were thinking of pursuing your pilot's license? Way cool, stevieb. It's good to look into your dreams...you tried it and now you know! If you never looked into it, you may have always wondered about it. I always wanted to do the skydiving thing, so when the opportunity came up with this great organization with the super tough instructor (who ended up kicking two people out of the class because they could not respond quick enough to his commands and there is a time limit "up there" to fix twists and all...you can't be a "confused dilly dally" of a student), I thought I would just do it! Of course when it was time to step out of the airplane onto the wing, I had second thoughts. One of the coaches in the plane said, "You just spent eight hours in class! You will be mad at yourself if you decide not to jump!" I thought, she's right, so I stepped out onto the wing, held onto the angled section of the plane, arched, let go and jumped! Once I got my parachute untwisted, it was an incredible experience that I will never forget. In class, they have you hanging from rafters in a huge barn with a twisted parachute so you can untwist and learn how to do it confidently. I was really glad I pursued that dream...and I'm sure there will be others that I will feel equally glad about...

Sorry to hear your JR Green Chalcedony ring is a mini-honker on your finger!! That's good you are wearing it around (with whatever you are doing...again, whatever works) to give it some time to decide...

And speaking of time and timing, again, your extremely fun message arrived just in time to cheer me up...I received bummy news from friends today...the worst was my dear friend's mother passed away yesterday and he's getting married to his partner of 20 years in two weeks...oh boy, life does have its ups and downs...thanks again for writing...your pal, EEL

Honored Contributor

@Luv My Cresties wrote:

Chime in anytime, LMC!! Thanks for your update for the other ladies who are shopping...I AM TRYING TO BE GOOD!!! LOL!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Have never been seduced or tempted by Brahmin, until I saw this Trina Havana bag at Nordie's yesterday. Not stiff like some of the others I have seen. Very tempting, but for 375 it stayed behind.

Trina Havana

Also really liked the leather and color "latte" of this Minkoff Lexi bucket crossbody that was on sale. Just thought it might be a bit small and didn't really lay close on the body for a crossbody. Even on good sale for 250 from 375, It stayed behind too.

Minkoff Lexi Bucket Latte

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, lastly, I just picked up a Valentino convertible crossbody/clutch from MH (thanks @Luv My Cresties!)

No worries, it's in the first category, for 255. But I have been looking for a red/orange/burnt orange bag for awhile now and really like the look of this one called "orange red." No shipping and it's returnable for 3.99, so can't wait to see it. I like the look of the back of the bag as much as the front. Smiley Very Happy

What do you gals think?

Valentino

Valentino back