Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@tough_kitty wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Stevieb, it might be time to search oval tanzanite sterling ring...

It's be nice if they'd put that ring on EP...

It shows on easy pay if you open it from lunch special page. Limited sizes...

Too late... missed the LTS...  Oh well, not such a big deal.  Pretty ring, but probably wouldn't have ordered it anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I had a wonderful dream last night.  I will not go into detail... will make it really brief.  I went to the Gucci Outlet in town and purchased the Gucci Bamboo Shopper Tote (which retails for $2100.00)  for $560.00!!!

323660_A7M0K_6813_001_web_full.jpg

@Boehm Collector wrote:

I had a wonderful dream last night.  I will not go into detail... will make it really brief.  I went to the Gucci Outlet in town and purchased the Gucci Bamboo Shopper Tote (which retails for $2100.00)  for $560.00!!!

Very neat bag...  Are we sure it was just a dream...?

I see the winter session in your future... Smiley Wink

Well I haven't purchased it yet ... so the winter session is still up for debate. LOL

You're just killin' me BC! I'm seeing Palm Springs road trip in my future... even with triple digits and monsoon weather. Smiley LOL

LOL!   Sorry Serendipity... I truly am not trying to be an enabler.  Actually I think we need to place the blame for our desire for high end bags on stevieb.  If she had never mentioned the Burberry Bags I probably would have stuck with only coveting middle of the road bags.  I think she is trying to recruit new candidates for THE Academy!!  LOL  If you make it to the Gucci Outlet before I do ... please report back as to everything you see and the prices.  Regards, Maria

Moi at fault...?  Moi...?  Really...?  Can I help it if you couldn't fill a matchbox with willpower from this group...?

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Hmnnn was this new Oryany medium Tracy presented; what show/host?  Can't find a video even on Youtube but all colors are waitlisted. No photos of it with models either. Have the larger size in mushroom and love it, but it's unclear how much smaller this bag is just from dimensions. Anyone order/have details to share? Is spice a burnt orange? Thanks!

A266673 orYANY Italian Grain Leather Hobo - Medium Tracy

a266673.001.jpeg

Hi Serendipity -- I saw this, too...it was under New Today recently with all colors on waitlist. It is my GUESS (and I am not really sure) that the Q might do this waitlist thing so the style does not sell out or become limited before the presentation. I have heard show hosts often say when there is a new item they do not make many of each on the first run. Then if it is popular and receives high ratings, they make a larger reorder. And for handbags, sometimes the style is a "one and done" because styles change, and even in that case, they would not want a "limited situation" before it's even presented. Another GUESS is that it may be presented in either Inspired Style or PM Style tomorrow (on Monday). Just GUESSING here...and I will be just LOOKING! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Hmnnn was this new Oryany medium Tracy presented; what show/host?  Can't find a video even on Youtube but all colors are waitlisted. No photos of it with models either. Have the larger size in mushroom and love it, but it's unclear how much smaller this bag is just from dimensions. Anyone order/have details to share? Is spice a burnt orange? Thanks!

Hi Serendipity -- I saw this, too...it was under New Today recently with all colors on waitlist. It is my GUESS (and I am not really sure) that the Q might do this waitlist thing so the style does not sell out or become limited before the presentation. I have heard show hosts often say when there is a new item they do not make many of each on the first run. Then if it is popular and receives high ratings, they make a larger reorder. And for handbags, sometimes the style is a "one and done" because styles change, and even in that case, they would not want a "limited situation" before it's even presented. Another GUESS is that it may be presented in either Inspired Style or PM Style tomorrow (on Monday). Just GUESSING here...and I will be just LOOKING! Woman Wink

I suspect EEL's right.  They're probably there, but just waiting to be presented...    And, as usual, QVC will want top dollar for it... which is fine, it's not for me anyway...  I thought the larger version of this bag was so pretty, but like most oryany, too narrow.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

My mom loved the natural ostrich Roma 2! So happy she's happy. Smiley Very Happy I was worried it might be too heavy. (Sometimes when it gets too heavy, my dad will tote it for her. Heart)

Planning on sending my last two D&Bs back for trade in credit to D&B (yes I will be back to ZERO D&Bs) and getting her another bag that may be smaller and more practical. Anyone have suggestions of something lightweight with a zip top; medium size, easy to carry? She likes brown. (She also says she would like "slouchy" -- but I don't think that's in the D&B vocabulary.)

TIA D&B experts!

That's great your Mom liked the natural ostrich Roma 2, Serendipity -- and that your Dad is not purse-phobic! LOL.

I have no idea if the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Bristol is even available anymore (it was on clearance), but if you can find the Bristol in Chestnut, a warm brown, that might be something to consider. Another recommendation would be for you to do a search for Dooney & Bourke factory outlet stores in your area and go check them out in person to get ideas on styles, leather types and weights.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

The dream sounded pretty detailed and real, BC! LOL! That would be something if you were in the winter session for Handbag Rehab. By the time of the winter session (IF I make it INTO and THROUGH the fall Handbag Boot Camp), I may be in an adjoining room for Jewelry Rehab at The Academy...I guess it will depend on each of our respective unique needs...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

I suspect EEL's right.  They're probably there, but just waiting to be presented...    And, as usual, QVC will want top dollar for it... which is fine, it's not for me anyway...  I thought the larger version of this bag was so pretty, but like most oryany, too narrow.

That's interesting. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks EEL and Stevieb. Oddly, it is the  same price as the larger one, which isn't even clearance price. In real life, it's not as narrow as it would appear, since it folds out and sort of expands. That said, I'm not sure I'd want to go smaller. Was eying the olive in larger size, or maybe one of the smaller, but will be keen to see the presentation. Now, if they had made a red one in this style, I'd be all over it in either size.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

My mom loved the natural ostrich Roma 2! So happy she's happy. Smiley Very Happy I was worried it might be too heavy. (Sometimes when it gets too heavy, my dad will tote it for her. Heart)

Planning on sending my last two D&Bs back for trade in credit to D&B (yes I will be back to ZERO D&Bs) and getting her another bag that may be smaller and more practical. Anyone have suggestions of something lightweight with a zip top; medium size, easy to carry? She likes brown. (She also says she would like "slouchy" -- but I don't think that's in the D&B vocabulary.)

TIA D&B experts!

That's great your Mom liked the natural ostrich Roma 2, Serendipity -- and that your Dad is not purse-phobic! LOL.

I have no idea if the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Bristol is even available anymore (it was on clearance), but if you can find the Bristol in Chestnut, a warm brown, that might be something to consider. Another recommendation would be for you to do a search for Dooney & Bourke factory outlet stores in your area and go check them out in person to get ideas on styles, leather types and weights.

Thanks, EEL. I was thinking of the non-leather bags, too. But I've never seen one up close in real life. I'd have her pick one out, but want it to be a surprise. I should probably venture out to a store and check them out. 

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Well I haven't purchased it yet ... so the winter session is still up for debate. LOL

You're just killin' me BC! I'm seeing Palm Springs road trip in my future... even with triple digits and monsoon weather. Smiley LOL

LOL!   Sorry Serendipity... I truly am not trying to be an enabler.  Actually I think we need to place the blame for our desire for high end bags on stevieb.  If she had never mentioned the Burberry Bags I probably would have stuck with only coveting middle of the road bags.  I think she is trying to recruit new candidates for THE Academy!!  LOL  If you make it to the Gucci Outlet before I do ... please report back as to everything you see and the prices.  Regards, Maria

Yep, yep, yep. Maybe there is a bonus system for recruitment? Smiley Wink

Just learned that the Gucci outlet is near Burberry, Prada, LV, Ralph Lauren, et al. outlets. Uh-oh. I may have to hold off for a while...  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Yep, yep, yep. Maybe there is a bonus system for recruitment? Smiley Wink

Just learned that the Gucci outlet is near Burberry, Prada, LV, Ralph Lauren, et al. outlets. Uh-oh. I may have to hold off for a while...  

Beware the LV 'outlet'.  They claim not to have them...