Givenchy...

Givenchy Women's Lucrezia Bag, Orange

Chloe...

Chloé Women's Marcie Large Shoulder Bag, Green

McQueen...

Alexander McQueen Women's Small Legend Satchel, Flame

Fendi...

Fendi Women's By the Way Mix Handbag, Sunflower

Oh stevieb .. you're killing me with all these temptations!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

Ferragamo...

Salvatore Ferragamo Women's Sofia Bag, Beige

Marc Jacobs...

Marc Jacobs Women's Metropolitan Hand Bag, Milk

Valentino...  (oh my)

Valentino Women's Rockstud Shoulder Bag, Burnt Orange

Proenza Schouler...

PROENZA SCHOULER Women's PS1 Extra Large, Mustard

OMG ... even more to check out!!  I will definitely be a candidate for THE Academy in the very near future!!

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I like the first one, the Givenchy, but that's all, due to the handles (I like them to fold down). The burnt orange color on the Valentino is beautiful (and I know you have wanted burnt orange, stevieb), but are there studs on that handbag? I didn't think you liked studs.

Have a good night, everyone! Heart

Well, you know EEL, as a rule, I don't much like studs...., at least not on handbags...  though I do have a certain affinity for, well, we won't go there... Anyway, rules are sometimes made to be broken and I do like this one.  No danger of me getting it anyway...

Woman Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Carfeul now Maria, as you can see, there is a waiting list for The Academy and there are never any guarantees, after all.  You'd do well to contain those impulses before it's too late...  Otherwise, just think, you could end up like, well, others...  Yes, let's just leave it at 'others'...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Carfeul now Maria, as you can see, there is a waiting list for The Academy and there are never any guarantees, after all.  You'd do well to contain those impulses before it's too late...  Otherwise, just think, you could end up like, well, others...  Yes, let's just leave it at 'others'...

I promise I will try to restrain myself....... But it is getting more and more difficult with each passing day.  While DH was out of work I wasn't thinking about purchasing anything.  Now that he has found new employment ..... Well, all I can say is that I am TRYING to be good.  DH was teasing me yesterday and said that I can buy the Burberry on the condition that he can buy something for himself of equal value!!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I promise I will try to restrain myself....... But it is getting more and more difficult with each passing day.  While DH was out of work I wasn't thinking about purchasing anything.  Now that he has found new employment ..... Well, all I can say is that I am TRYING to be good.  DH was teasing me yesterday and said that I can buy the Burberry on the condition that he can buy something for himself of equal value!!!

I was telling a friend and my mom about that thousand dollar Burberry I covet and they both thought I was nuts...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maria, @Boehm Collector...  I also love the Arcadia brand...  Another Italian made brand that does their version of the 'logo', most often in patent leather but also is other leathers, and they also offer a wide range of non-logo bags that are gorgeous....  Again, if you see anything you like on their site, look elsewhere...  I often see Arcadia bags (though mostly the patent ones, which are really pretty) at TJ Maxx and Marshall's...

Image result for arcadia bags

Image result for arcadia bags

Valued Contributor

Wow, I had to go 11 pages of posts back to see the post from Maria with the great news!!! There is no way I can catch up on all the posts.... Maria, that's awesome! It wow, $900/month for health care seems very high for 2 people.... My friend pays about $350/month for a family of 4!
Valued Contributor

I saw a lot of LV handbags in Orange County airport yesterday. Guess a lot of people can afford one now....and since it's all coated canvas, there is no way to tell if it's a fake or not.... I still don't see the appeal in those patterns....
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tough_kitty wrote:
Wow, I had to go 11 pages of posts back to see the post from Maria with the great news!!! There is no way I can catch up on all the posts.... Maria, that's awesome! It wow, $900/month for health care seems very high for 2 people.... My friend pays about $350/month for a family of 4!

Thanks tough_kitty!!  Yes, it was a tremendous relief that DH found a new job so quickly. Believe me, I did an aweful lot of praying.  And we have so much to be grateful for.  Yes, our health insurance was costing us just under $900 a month.... and we were probably getting it for a bit cheaper because it was through DH's employer (the employer was not contributing anything).  I am afraid to learn what we will have to pay for COBRA coverage until the insurance with DH's new employer becomes effective.  I would imagine it is going to be more than we were paying before.    What tyoe of insurance does your friend have?  Back in the late '90's when I got divorced I was paying almost $500.00 a month for just myself.