Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

EEL, since it looks like you will be entering the academy, and I apparently shall not, I trust you will no longer be needing your cake recipe books. Perhaps upon enrollment you might bequeath it to others who might be in need? Just a thought... Smiley LOL

There will be no sharing of my secret cake recipes, Serendipity. Woman LOL

But if you want to start reading the Joanne Fluke books that TK recommended, I believe there are good recipes within...hope this helps you! Woman Happy

@Serendipity  we should have known, once a hoarder, always a hoarder, whether it be handbags, bracelets or secret cake recipes...   Hehehehehehe...

Ha ha! And nah, somehow I don't think the Fluke recipes would have the secret magic ingredients....Smiley Very Happy That, or Mr. Lily is really a very, very, very nice man. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Whew...long afternoon with Mom at the doctor...waiting...waiting...waiting...it was a regular check-up, but some testing will need to be done in a couple of weeks...the tests will be easy for her, but the results could be scary...let's hope for the best! She's a faithful soul and has come very far in the past several years she's lived in Illinois. Woman Happy

It was fun to put the new Kelsi Dagger tote into action with all of my file folders within! The only thing was at one point on the way over to Mom's I had to stop fast and it went flying on the floor and must have rubbed against some of the black/grey interior because there is a little dark scrape mark near the handle. When a bone bag gets a mark like this on it, should I just try a little gentle soap and water? Does anyone know? I hope it's not permanent.

I'd try something very gentle first.  If that doesn't do the job, test an out of sight part of the bag and then try leather cleaner and then fingernail polish remover, or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  I have a beautiful bone leather bag (Pour La Victoire...) that is among my favorites, but somehow while stored it got a crimp and was apparently up against a dark bag and the crimp also has a very fine dark line...  Breaks my heart, but I decided just to leave it alone, as I'm almost sure I'd make it worse.  The funny thing is, I've since seen the same bag at TJM on clearance for a great price and almost bought a duplicate... I didn't.  Then, oddly enough, I later saw the same bag at another TJ's for almost full price, which is ridiculous as this style is several years old...

Thank you, stevieb. I'll try these ideas tomorrow in the light of day. It's actually my favorite time of day now...what I call the dimming of the day, when it's not so bright anymore and the sky changes to those purple and pink colors...dimming each minute even more...so serenely pretty! Sigh...

P.S. Sorry to hear about your bone beauty...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Givenchy...

Givenchy Women's Lucrezia Bag, Orange

Chloe...

Chloé Women's Marcie Large Shoulder Bag, Green

McQueen...

Alexander McQueen Women's Small Legend Satchel, Flame

Fendi...

Fendi Women's By the Way Mix Handbag, Sunflower

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ferragamo...

Salvatore Ferragamo Women's Sofia Bag, Beige

Marc Jacobs...

Marc Jacobs Women's Metropolitan Hand Bag, Milk

Valentino...  (oh my)

Valentino Women's Rockstud Shoulder Bag, Burnt Orange

Proenza Schouler...

PROENZA SCHOULER Women's PS1 Extra Large, Mustard

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Proenza Schouler...

THIS ONE!

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Proenza Schouler...

THIS ONE!

Me too...  That one's the Valentino.  The Proenza is the yellow one below...  Love the Valentino!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Proenza Schouler...

THIS ONE!

Me too...  That one's the Valentino.  The Proenza is the yellow one below...  Love the Valentino!!

OH, no wonder. Heart How much? (Just for kicks.) And where?

Honored Contributor

Just for kicks, $1800...  Does it really matter where...?  Woman Very Happy  My Habit...

Honored Contributor

I love burnt orange and I love that bag.  It's up there with the Burberry.  And, about as likely to make it's way home with me.

Honored Contributor

I like the first one, the Givenchy, but that's all, due to the handles (I like them to fold down). The burnt orange color on the Valentino is beautiful (and I know you have wanted burnt orange, stevieb), but are there studs on that handbag? I didn't think you liked studs.

Have a good night, everyone! Heart