Valued Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

Wow, I had no idea LV lived in the 19th century! I wonder what his bags looked like then.... gotta do some more googling.....
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So EEL, do tell... did you add the Jourdan bag to the arsenal...?  I really love this one and have to say it  really tempted me...

Charles Jourdan Women's Winter 2 Satchel, Black/White

Charles Jourdan Women's Winter 2 Satchel, Black/White

I am mesmerized by this handbag, stevieb! It's also difficult to find a satchel with an outside zipper pocket, which I prefer. I'm still thinking about it...

Honored Contributor

I have a bag with this shape and I really, really like it,

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I have a bag with this shape and I really, really like it,

It really is a very pretty bag...  I love the shape and just the overall look of it and, yes, the fact that it has an outside zipper.  I'm not sure I love the handles, which look sort of thin, but I suppose they work nicely with the bag's gestalt.  

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@tough_kitty wrote:

About MJ....well, maybe it's not the same, but I am not sure I want to carry a bag designed by someone who is so immature....

Incidentally, I just discovered he was designing bags for LV....wait, what?? Those names on bags don't really matter.... the quality and the right price do.... at least to me.

Over the years, just like the top fashion houses, the bag 'houses' bring in name designers to do a line every now and then.  I believe Sofia Coppola also did a line for LV...

Honored Contributor

All right... it might now well be time for some serious and deep thought about my handbag drought...   Today, I went to a nearby more upscale Maxx and was bowled over by the selection.  Scads and I mean scads of Spade, Kooba, Hobo, Dooney and so on...  Lots of Dooney Samba, Santorini and Florentine...  And the always pretty good prices were intact while a number of bags were red tagged even lower...  I didn't buy any of the above...  I wasn't even particularly tempted...This is beginning to feel sort of surreal...  

If this continues much longer, I'm going to be tempted to open a center for recovering handbag addicts.... and I know who the very first involuntary commitment is going to be...  In the interest of anonymity, there will be no names... not even initials...  Use your imaginations and, really, there will be room for more than one, uh, 'student'...  Though that first one is going to require some serious work and probably an around the clock guard...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

All right... it might now well be time for some serious and deep thought about my handbag drought...   Today, I went to a nearby more upscale Maxx and was bowled over by the selection.  Scads and I mean scads of Spade, Kooba, Hobo, Dooney and so on...  Lots of Dooney Samba, Santorini and Florentine...  And the always pretty good prices were intact while a number of bags were red tagged even lower...  I didn't buy any of the above...  I wasn't even particularly tempted...This is beginning to feel sort of surreal...  

If this continues much longer, I'm going to be tempted to open a center for recovering handbag addicts.... and I know who the very first involuntary commitment is going to be...  In the interest of anonymity, there will be no names... not even initials...  Use your imaginations and, really, there will be room for more than one, uh, 'student'...  Though that first one is going to require some serious work and probably an around the clock guard...

Woman Wink

Hobo? Kooba? I'm dying to see Kooba in person to feel the leather that looks so soft online! Is it that soft? Oh no, here I go again...

I'll have to figure out a way so you know where to find me if you show up with the cuffs. But please be gentle because I can't stand it when something is around my wrist! Serious work and an around the clock guard?

Maybe it's time, maybe it's time...Woman Embarassed Woman Surprised Woman Wink Woman Tongue 

Kudos to you for RESISTING those lovely temptations, stevieb!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

EEL, they only had a few Koobas.  One of them was just deadly... Had it been in a different color I might have been a bit tempted.  It was without a doubt some of the softest most sumptuous leather I've ever had the pleasure to, uh, stroke...  Alas, it was a hobo, which in and of itself would have probably been fine, but it was a very soft muted violet that while very, very pretty, just isn't for me....  It was one gorgeous bag....  Among others, they also  had another Kooba in a more textured leather (and by that I do not mean like a Saffiano texture) and it too was gorgeously soft...  It was a black satchel and it too might have tempted me, you know, back in the day...  Some really cute Spade, one a black and white spectator number that was just charming...  The Dooneys just don't interest me at all anymore, but they did have quite a few.

As for your rehab regimen, well, we'll see...   Sorry EEL, but sometimes tough (and I mean tough) love really is the only way to get results...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

EEL, they only had a few Koobas.  One of them was just deadly... Had it been in a different color I might have been a bit tempted.  It was without a doubt some of the softest most sumptuous leather I've ever had the pleasure to, uh, stroke...  Alas, it was a hobo, which in and of itself would have probably been fine, but it was a very soft muted violet that while very, very pretty, just isn't for me....  It was one gorgeous bag....  Among others, they also  had another Kooba in a more textured leather (and by that I do not mean like a Saffiano texture) and it too was gorgeously soft...  It was a black satchel and it too might have tempted me, you know, back in the day...  Some really cute Spade, one a black and white spectator number that was just charming...  The Dooneys just don't interest me at all anymore, but they did have quite a few.

As for your rehab regimen, well, we'll see...   Sorry EEL, but sometimes tough (and I mean tough) love really is the only way to get results...

OMG your tough dude emoticon is scary! I'm going to have bad dreams! LOL! He kind of looks like the sun with a sunburn, so he's p1ssed off and has to wear sunglasses. Maybe he ran his sunbeam into a city filled with mirrored buildings and it boomeranged on him. LOL!

Okay, the description of the Kooba will definitely get me stopping at the Maxx on my way home from Mom's tomorrow. I would not mind a soft muted violet! You are driving me crazy with your descriptions, woman. 

Tough love, eh? Yeah, I get it!

It's the only way to go when you're far, far gone...

Honored Contributor

Oh, I did look at the Charles Jourdan handbag more closely today and decided it's not for me due to the dark blue lining...too dark for me!

Thank goodness though because that may have been the one handbag that caused the handbag warden to show up with the spiffy, starched jacket...