Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

We are really getting in here deepWoman Surprised

My friend, croemer, will make us curtains for the outhouses. So that will make it a bit more private.

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

A while ago there was an inquiry as to new florentine styles in D&B. This looks new?

Update: OK, actually just learned this is an old style. Just new to me. 

B1165D_SCCSSCCS.jpg

B1165D_SCRDPABM.jpg

Hi Serendipity. I don't think this is an old style. It's a new shape and has zippers on the side. I really like it! It looks very substantial and probably weighs a ton but that's Dooney.

There are different variations of the bag on Dooney website. One of them, the Barlow is quite pretty.  The shape on these is similar to Tod's Flower bags.

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily I am SO happy! I finally have my Buckley.

So, when I first received the brodeaux toledo and noticed it was defective, I went online to see if it was in stock to exchange. It wasn't. But, I noticed a couple "as is" -- literally one in black and one in natural florentine. Those were the ones I wanted originally, but ended up with smelly leather. I wasn't sure whether to take the chance, but on a whim, I did. They arrived today and the black is great! No smell at all. (Finally, they really do exist. Smiley LOL ) It had no dustbag and a few nicks on the bottom and a scratch under the drawstring, but nothing major, in my view. Certainly nothing along the lines of the defective drawstring and metal-like scratches on the wine. Plus, unlike the earlier version that I ordered which had the timoro trim, this one is truly black/black. All smooth and softened from the previous owner. I immediately moved into the bag and took Buckley for a spin. A pocket for everything and very useful. Like @Sister Golden Hair, I was in danger of talking to the bag! LOL. And instead of the gold D&B plaque, I much prefer the embossed leather logo, blends in. The bordeaux toledo is beautiful, but I don't think I want the hassle of fixing it, etc.

So the natural is in relatively good shape, it has some striations on the leather, not scratches, but horizontal lines around the bag. Anyone know what causes that? Would leather conditioner help that out?

The black is a keeper; the wine goes back as defective; and although I've been very good about multiples, I am wondering about keeping the "as is" natural -- since both would cost less than the toledo and I think I will get a lot of use out of Buckley. Any thoughts? I don't want to end up near the outhouse again. Think I've been doing very good -- I can almost see the Academy through the trees! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on finally getting a Buckley (or two) that you're hapy with.  I love that bag in the natural...stalked one on Ebay at one point that looked so good.

On the natural, the striations you mention could be the grain of the leather. If you are someone who likes florentine with character then perhaps keep it but if you prefer smooth then return it.  You may want to post pics or head over to The Purse Forum to inquire. Those ladies really know their Dooney's.

I would definitely send back the Toledo due to the scratches. As much as I love the rich looking Toledo leather, I could never own one and maintain it in pristine condition. I've seen a few at TJ Maxx that were pretty scatched up and that would drive me crazy.

Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

A while ago there was an inquiry as to new florentine styles in D&B. This looks new?

B1165D_SCCSSCCS.jpg

B1165D_SCRDPABM.jpg

Hi Serendipity. I don't think this is an old style. It's a new shape and has zippers on the side. I really like it! It looks very substantial and probably weighs a ton but that's Dooney.

There are different variations of the bag on Dooney website. One of them, the Barlow is quite pretty.  The shape on these is similar to Tod's Flower bags.

@foo foo shi shi You're right! I just found it under the new arrivals (sorry, got bad information). The inside is cool and it has two side snap pockets that look invisible from the outside. And no red lining! Does look like Tom's flower bags. This is very pretty bag.B1165D_SCNASCNA_ALT1.jpgB1165D_SCNASCNA_ALT3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Let's see now @Serendipity, shall we...?  Not one but two Buckleys, the Chelsea, and the Messenger bag. I realize you were granted an OTO on the Chelsea (and, against my better judgment, the messenger bag) but I'm afraid two Buckleys and whatever you are contemplating ordering (I believe I read something about another of those tired Gili bags... and jewelry... amongst other things...) because the 'sale' is ending, will very definitely push you closer to the crescent moon... You're on thin icy, Missy.

@stevieb Oh, I was afraid of that. Well they were a replacement for the defective toledo buckley. Given my past luck with as is, I wasn't sure either one would work out. The messenger may never happen. And no, not ordering anymore jewelry, etc. Just window shopping. Smiley LOL

@Serendipity It's really too bad abou the Tuxedo. Such a beautiful color and such a cool bag... I love Tuxedo leather, but maybe it'll suface again for you.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

B1165D_SCCSSCCS.jpg

B1165D_SCRDPABM.jpg

I like the more discreet logo and the woven straps... I've also always liked this lining.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

B1165D_SCRDPABM.jpg

I like the more discreet logo and the woven straps... I've also always liked this lining.

@stevieb @foo foo shi shi The prices are really getting up there. 458.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Let's see now @Serendipity, shall we...?  Not one but two Buckleys, the Chelsea, and the Messenger bag. I realize you were granted an OTO on the Chelsea (and, against my better judgment, the messenger bag) but I'm afraid two Buckleys and whatever you are contemplating ordering (I believe I read something about another of those tired Gili bags... and jewelry... amongst other things...) because the 'sale' is ending, will very definitely push you closer to the crescent moon... You're on thin icy, Missy.

@stevieb Oh, I was afraid of that. Well they were a replacement for the defective toledo buckley. Given my past luck with as is, I wasn't sure either one would work out. The messenger may never happen. And no, not ordering anymore jewelry, etc. Just window shopping. Smiley LOL

@Serendipity It's really too bad abou the Tuxedo. Such a beautiful color and such a cool bag... I love Tuxedo leather, but maybe it'll suface again for you.

@stevieb I know. Smiley Sad Maybe it's still worth calling CS. And I could get it fixed.

Valued Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily I am SO happy! I finally have my Buckley.

So, when I first received the brodeaux toledo and noticed it was defective, I went online to see if it was in stock to exchange. It wasn't. But, I noticed a couple "as is" -- literally one in black and one in natural florentine. Those were the ones I wanted originally, but ended up with smelly leather. I wasn't sure whether to take the chance, but on a whim, I did. They arrived today and the black is great! No smell at all. (Finally, they really do exist. Smiley LOL ) It had no dustbag and a few nicks on the bottom and a scratch under the drawstring, but nothing major, in my view. Certainly nothing along the lines of the defective drawstring and metal-like scratches on the wine. Plus, unlike the earlier version that I ordered which had the timoro trim, this one is truly black/black. All smooth and softened from the previous owner. I immediately moved into the bag and took Buckley for a spin. A pocket for everything and very useful. Like @Sister Golden Hair, I was in danger of talking to the bag! LOL. And instead of the gold D&B plaque, I much prefer the embossed leather logo, blends in. The bordeaux toledo is beautiful, but I don't think I want the hassle of fixing it, etc.

So the natural is in relatively good shape, it has some striations on the leather, not scratches, but horizontal lines around the bag. Anyone know what causes that? Would leather conditioner help that out?

The black is a keeper; the wine goes back as defective; and although I've been very good about multiples, I am wondering about keeping the "as is" natural -- since both would cost less than the toledo and I think I will get a lot of use out of Buckley. Any thoughts? I don't want to end up near the outhouse again. Think I've been doing very good -- I can almost see the Academy through the trees! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on your Buckleys! That is such a beautiful bag in Florentine.  You can't go wrong with black or natural.

Makes sense to send back the Toledo especially since it is scratched. I love the look of Toledo leather but mostg of the ones I have seen at TJ Maxx were pretty scratched. I think it's the finish that gives Toledo leather it's sheen that is prone to scratches.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

B1165D_SCRDPABM.jpg

@stevieb The prices are really getting up there. 458.

Not interested at that price. I like but don't love this bag anyway, but surely, for that, I'd be looking at other bags from other brands, @Serendipity... I'm not a Flo lover anyway. Again, like it, don't love it. I'm more inclined to love specific bags and not necessarily specific kinds of leathers.