Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily Listen girls, if I hear you complaining any more about bags shipping from California .... I mean you don't hear @tough kitty and me complaining about bags shipping from the East Coast or Florida or whatnot. I mean, so once or twice you get something from the West.....puh-leez. Smiley LOL Heart Oh, and it takes my stuff well over a month sometimes to get back for returns...

That QVC Ontario wharehouse can't get here fast enough!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

It is David Yurman...  She has both...

It's David Yurman and I think the stone is called black orchid. The ring is from the Albion line...

OH NO!!! I'll have to check out this line...Woman Wink

You'd probably be better off not doing so...

Interestingly enough, I was at a very high end jewelry store a few years back having a battery replaced in one of my very few truly nicer watches and the salesman who was assisting me, without being unprofessional or unkind, more or less told me that the store carries a significant line of Yurman jewelry not because they actually think it's 'all that' but because it's widely popular and so it sells... The unspoken was more or less that among jewelry professionals, it isn't as well perceived as it appears to be among the general public. Also on that particular day they were having a trunk show of paraiba tourmaline and emerald jewelry from various sources and I thought I was going to either burst into tears of lose my mind. Those pieces were that exquisite.

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily High-end mass production maybe? Well, it really caught my eye on Jill's hand, and I didn't know what designer it was. Not that I'm getting it, but I may like to see them in person sometime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector 50% off at Gucci? Wow. And those were some nice bags you posted. No sukeys, huh? If you see a small Mildenhall at your Bloomie's please let me know! I still want to go to the Gucci outlet here, but it's over 100 degrees here in So Cal, so desert area is probably around 115. We're all melting away... the thought of Jersey Shore sounds pretty good right now. Smiley Very Happy

BTW, what did you end up getting for your niece?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @skyblue @sister golden hair and anyone who has the BB TSV ring or other pieces, here's what the BB CS responded to my cleaning inquiry:

"Bixby Design's jewelry can be cleaned with a gentle jewelry cleaner that allows for gemstone cleaning. We do not recommend a jewelry cleaner if the piece contains any pearls, pearls should only be wiped down with a damp cloth."

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily@ Listen girls, if I hear you complaining any more about bags shipping from California .... I mean you don't hear @tough kitty and me complaining about bags shipping from the East Coast or Florida or whatnot. I mean, so once or twice you get something from the West.....puh-leez. Smiley LOL Heart Oh, and it takes my stuff well over a month sometimes to get back for returns...

That QVC Ontario wharehouse can't get here fast enough!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I hear you @Serendipity!!! Woman LOL Truly, though, sometimes it takes the full "7 to 10 days" to get QVC items to Chicagoland! It's really not that far, but those first few days of sitting around "processing" (i.e., trying to find the most economical way to send them here) are a drag. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector Hi BC -- Thanks for your update from the Gucci outlet store! Pretty handbags but still rather high prices at 50% off. At least you knew about the rude salespeople before you went. I think people want to exert the least amount of effort to do their jobs sometimes. They probably think if you want to buy something, they will ring you up, put your item in the bag and collect your money -- but that's it. In a way though, it was probably fun to peruse without someone "hovering" around you. That happened to me recently at Nordstrom and when the sales lady kept talking when I was obviously studying the items and did not want to visit, I put the items down and wished her a good day. I think if I had the choice, I would prefer no one bugging me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector 50% off at Gucci? Wow. And those were some nice bags you posted. No sukeys, huh? If you see a small Mildenhall at your Bloomie's please let me know! I still want to go to the Gucci outlet here, but it's over 100 degrees here in So Cal, so desert area is probably around 115. We're all melting away... the thought of Jersey Shore sounds pretty good right now. Smiley Very Happy

BTW, what did you end up getting for your niece?

Hi @Serendipity... yes that's about right.  Roughly 50% off... or better.  In fact one of the bags that currently retails  for $1350.00 on the Gucci Website was marked at less than $600.00.  

I ended up getting my niece three cute long sleeve shirts  ( she actually love getting clothes) because my sister-in-law said she needs them.  I also got her a $100.00 VISA gift card so she can go shopping and get herself whatever she likes.  She's at the age where she is starting to like shopping.  

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector  You have to love these clerks at high end stores that seem to be under the mistaken perception that rather then work there, they actually own the joint... It's the difference between the old days when there were truly professional sales persons and today, where it's a minimum wage proposition. Most (not all, but most) true professionals would realize that regardless of the 'name' they're selling they're still there to serve customers, and might also stop to think about the fact that the 'name' doesn't really benefit from them trying to affect a haughty stance that chances are they can't pull off in their real lives... Sort of pitiful, really.

Woman Wink

@stevieb @Boehm Collector Maybe it's an East Coast thing. I had the opposite experience here. At one store, four clerks came up to me -- three of them simultaneously and they didn't go away, so it was SO awkward I didn't know to whom to address my question, and they didn't self-select and go away. I wanted to be Dorothy and click my heels and disappear.

Oh @Serendipity that must have been so annoying! Maybe it was a slow day and they thought they would split the commission four ways...Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector  You have to love these clerks at high end stores that seem to be under the mistaken perception that rather then work there, they actually own the joint... It's the difference between the old days when there were truly professional sales persons and today, where it's a minimum wage proposition. Most (not all, but most) true professionals would realize that regardless of the 'name' they're selling they're still there to serve customers, and might also stop to think about the fact that the 'name' doesn't really benefit from them trying to affect a haughty stance that chances are they can't pull off in their real lives... Sort of pitiful, really.

Woman Wink

Hi @stevieb.. yes, it certainly isn't like the good old days. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@Sister Golden Hair@tough_kitty@Suhse...went to the Gucci Outlet today.  The store is very nice...does not look like an outlet.  But the staff was really unfriendly.  There must have been at least 5 people working there. Not one even looked at me or asked whether I needed any help.  In a way that was good because I didn't feel like someone was breathing down my neck the entire time.  But you would think at a high-end store they would at least try to be "helpful".  I'll insert some photos of bags i did see... but not necessarily the colors that were available.  There were a lot of canvas bags but I cannot find them on the Gucci website.  The prices seemed to be pretty good.  I would say approximately 50% off retail.  They do say that it is hit or miss.  I guess I got the "miss" end of it because none of the bags I really like from the website were there.  I may stop by there again some day just to check it out.  Tomorrow I am going to go to the Mall to check out the Burberrys in Bloomingdales.  Then on Friday I will go to the Salvatore Ferragamo Outlet.  Will report back.  

308982_A7M0G_5535_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

308983_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

323658_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

362968_AZB0N_2612_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

369176_A7M0G_2754_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

That's insane, @Boehm Collector! I hate that, too! In which part of the country is this outlet located? I am drooling!

Hi @skyblue..... the Northeast... New York Tri-state area.