Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@stevieb I did go to Homegoods yesterday and saw several pretty fall items, including dishes, but I did not buy anything! When I was there, a huge wind/rain storm came through and I mean huge...almost 50 mph winds and 2 inches of rain in a short time. For me, though, it was a nice place to be until it passed! Huge temperature drop as well. But then the achy body set in...WHAT is going on? Even Mr. L. said he had back pain last night and this morning. We sit in our living room with dueling heating pads and it is pathetic...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I think pariabas might well be my favorite gemstone. I love them in all colors and saturations, from the very green to the very blue-green to very blue, but I suspect I'll not be adding one to the collection. They are very pricey...

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I want to go somewhere where the sea looks like the first and third gemstones...SO PRETTY!!! Heart Heart Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Yesterday I stopped at our local TJ Maxx.  Found this Dooney & Bourke Toledo Leather Large Wing Shopper in a wine color for $99.00.  I was truly tempted but the bag had several scratches on it so I passed.  

mGXcCvNSNHUSx4QuMhJM0-A.jpg

The winged bags from any line aren't for me personally, but next time you see anything at TJ Maxx that has an obvious flaw, take it to the register. They'll almost automatically give you 10% off and the manager might even lower it by more. TJ's isn't quite what it used to be in the way of markdowns, but it's always worth a try. They used to give you the sale price if an item when on clearance while in layaway, but they no longer do that. They also now charge a non-refundable layaway fee that they never used to do. Still, more times than not, the prices are better than most places.

Hi @stevieb ... thanks for the tip!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@Sister Golden Hair@tough_kitty@Suhse...went to the Gucci Outlet today.  The store is very nice...does not look like an outlet.  But the staff was really unfriendly.  There must have been at least 5 people working there. Not one even looked at me or asked whether I needed any help.  In a way that was good because I didn't feel like someone was breathing down my neck the entire time.  But you would think at a high-end store they would at least try to be "helpful".  I'll insert some photos of bags i did see... but not necessarily the colors that were available.  There were a lot of canvas bags but I cannot find them on the Gucci website.  The prices seemed to be pretty good.  I would say approximately 50% off retail.  They do say that it is hit or miss.  I guess I got the "miss" end of it because none of the bags I really like from the website were there.  I may stop by there again some day just to check it out.  Tomorrow I am going to go to the Mall to check out the Burberrys in Bloomingdales.  Then on Friday I will go to the Salvatore Ferragamo Outlet.  Will report back.  

308982_A7M0G_5535_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

308983_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

323658_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

362968_AZB0N_2612_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

369176_A7M0G_2754_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I think pariabas might well be my favorite gemstone. I love them in all colors and saturations, from the very green to the very blue-green to very blue, but I suspect I'll not be adding one to the collection. They are very pricey...

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I want to go somewhere where the sea looks like the first and third gemstones...SO PRETTY!!! Heart Heart Heart

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily .....  what beautiful gemstones!!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  You have to love these clerks at high end stores that seem to be under the mistaken perception that rather then work there, they actually own the joint... It's the difference between the old days when there were truly professional sales persons and today, where it's a minimum wage proposition. Most (not all, but most) true professionals would realize that regardless of the 'name' they're selling they're still there to serve customers, and might also stop to think about the fact that the 'name' doesn't really benefit from them trying to affect a haughty stance that chances are they can't pull off in their real lives... Sort of pitiful, really.

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@Sister Golden Hair@tough_kitty@Suhse...went to the Gucci Outlet today.  The store is very nice...does not look like an outlet.  But the staff was really unfriendly.  There must have been at least 5 people working there. Not one even looked at me or asked whether I needed any help.  In a way that was good because I didn't feel like someone was breathing down my neck the entire time.  But you would think at a high-end store they would at least try to be "helpful".  I'll insert some photos of bags i did see... but not necessarily the colors that were available.  There were a lot of canvas bags but I cannot find them on the Gucci website.  The prices seemed to be pretty good.  I would say approximately 50% off retail.  They do say that it is hit or miss.  I guess I got the "miss" end of it because none of the bags I really like from the website were there.  I may stop by there again some day just to check it out.  Tomorrow I am going to go to the Mall to check out the Burberrys in Bloomingdales.  Then on Friday I will go to the Salvatore Ferragamo Outlet.  Will report back.  

308982_A7M0G_5535_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

308983_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

323658_A7M0G_1000_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

362968_AZB0N_2612_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

369176_A7M0G_2754_001_web_full_new_theme.jpg

That's insane, @Boehm Collector! I hate that, too! In which part of the country is this outlet located? I am drooling!

Trusted Contributor

The Gucci's are all lovely bags. Luckily, however, much as I love my bags, I'm really not tempted by the very high end couture bags. 

It has to be something that would truly lift me out of my shoes (no, I'm not into designer shoes, at all)😃that would ever tempt me to spend thousands on a bag.  

Tempt me would  be the extent of it, since how do you say, "No, I won't be paying my mortgage, for awhile, but, do You want to touch my Gucci?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a quick note that Nordstrom Rack/Haute Look has a HUGE variety of Dooney on sale at 50% off for a one-day online event... half is already gone. Some really nice ones.

(Of course, we all know they never go on sale -- sorry, couldn't resist.) Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector  You have to love these clerks at high end stores that seem to be under the mistaken perception that rather then work there, they actually own the joint... It's the difference between the old days when there were truly professional sales persons and today, where it's a minimum wage proposition. Most (not all, but most) true professionals would realize that regardless of the 'name' they're selling they're still there to serve customers, and might also stop to think about the fact that the 'name' doesn't really benefit from them trying to affect a haughty stance that chances are they can't pull off in their real lives... Sort of pitiful, really.

Woman Wink

@stevieb @Boehm Collector Maybe it's an East Coast thing. I had the opposite experience here. At one store, four clerks came up to me -- three of them simultaneously and they didn't go away, so it was SO awkward I didn't know to whom to address my question, and they didn't self-select and go away. I wanted to be Dorothy and click my heels and disappear.