Honored Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@stevieb My Mom read the Darling Dahlias books and today I received the newest book in the series titled "The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O'Clock Lady" -- since Mom loved these books, she will be really happy for one more! Woman Very Happy

She's reading the Vicki Lane books now and likes them...but she said they are taking her longer to read (it's good for her brain!). Thank you, EEL

Honored Contributor

TK @tough_kitty and everyone: Today I received the Periea Handbag Organizer (Chelsy) from Amazon and it is NOT BAD!! Each one is expandable in width with a snap adjustment, and the zippers work nicely. Several pockets and the whole thing is very light, so it will not add weight to our leather handbags! For $10.99, I think it's a great value. I ordered a few colors, so they will "live" in some of my handbags! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb My Mom read the Darling Dahlias books and today I received the newest book in the series titled "The Darling Dahlias and the Eleven O'Clock Lady" -- since Mom loved these books, she will be really happy for one more! Woman Very Happy

She's reading the Vicki Lane books now and likes them...but she said they are taking her longer to read (it's good for her brain!). Thank you, EEL

@EdithEllenLily...  The Vicki Lane books are longer and far more intricate. They're also far more absorbing, for me anyway. I see she has a new one either out or coming out and I will have to get it. Among my current favorites are the books by Kate Morton, which I mentioned last week. So far, I've read The Secret Keeper and am currently reading The Forgotten Garden. These are wonderfully entertaining, longer books, each with a significant component of mystery, but are not, per se, 'traditional' mystery books. I highly, highly recommend them for anyone. There are several others she'd done, and I'm waiting patiently for their arrival. As I mentioned, there's a new one just out, but I'll hold off on that one for now, given there are a few others I've yet to read. I also just finished Tesaro's The Debutante, a fun read, but ultimately sort of unsatisfying. I think The Perfume Collector might've been the pinnacle for her. The others I've read are fun, but don't quite measure up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily...  The Vicki Lane books are longer and far more intricate. They're also far more absorbing, for me anyway. I see she has a new one either out or coming out and I will have to get it. Among my current favorites are the books by Kate Morton, which I mentioned last week. So far, I've read The Secret Keeper and am currently reading The Forgotten Garden. These are wonderfully entertaining, longer books, each with a significant component of mystery, but are not, per se, 'traditional' mystery books. I highly, highly recommend them for anyone. There are several others she'd done, and I'm waiting patiently for their arrival. As I mentioned, there's a new one just out, but I'll hold off on that one for now, given there are a few others I've yet to read. I also just finished Tesaro's The Debutante, a fun read, but ultimately sort of unsatisfying. I think The Perfume Collector might've been the pinnacle for her. The others I've read are fun, but don't quite measure up.

Thank you, stevieb @stevieb! Mom and I both appreciate your "take" on these books! I keep a list on my computer with recommendations and then order accordingly. Keep me posted on future reads...thanks again! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

And for the "and so on" part of this thread, are any of you into the Irish celebrations and goods on the Q? The Rose of Tralee is coming up on September 3! While I am not Irish (many people think I am because of my hair), I have some absolutely lovely Irish friends and I love Ireland (it was one of the places I went to with Mr. Lily on our honeymoon). I especially love the Irish sweaters. In the email promo, this sweater was featured and I love it in Indigo/Grey, although the other colors are nice, too. 

http://www.qvc.com/Kilronan-Merino-Wool-Buttoned-Collar-Plaited-Long-Cardigan.product.A271234.html?s...

So I ordered two. Woman Very Happy I watched the presentation with Mary Beth and the Soft Grey/Grey showed better on TV than online, so I ordered it along with the Indigo/Grey. If they are too similar, sister will receive one for Christmas! If not, bad little EEL will get two! The Soft Grey/Grey was modeled by Anne and she wore it with a denim shirt underneath and black slacks and the whole outfit was sharp, I thought. I was glad for the EZ pay. Now, no more Irish items today!!! I cannot resist those Irish sweaters...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

And for the "and so on" part of this thread, are any of you into the Irish celebrations and goods on the Q? The Rose of Tralee is coming up on September 3! While I am not Irish (many people think I am because of my hair), I have some absolutely lovely Irish friends and I love Ireland (it was one of the places I went to with Mr. Lily on our honeymoon). I especially love the Irish sweaters. In the email promo, this sweater was featured and I love it in Indigo/Grey, although the other colors are nice, too. 

http://www.qvc.com/Kilronan-Merino-Wool-Buttoned-Collar-Plaited-Long-Cardigan.product.A271234.html?s...

So I ordered two. Woman Very Happy I watched the presentation with Mary Beth and the Soft Grey/Grey showed better on TV than online, so I ordered it along with the Indigo/Grey. If they are too similar, sister will receive one for Christmas! If not, bad little EEL will get two! The Soft Grey/Grey was modeled by Anne and she wore it with a denim shirt underneath and black slacks and the whole outfit was sharp, I thought. I was glad for the EZ pay. Now, no more Irish items today!!! I cannot resist those Irish sweaters...

Well of course you did...  @EdithEllenLily

Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Thank you, stevieb @stevieb! Mom and I both appreciate your "take" on these books! I keep a list on my computer with recommendations and then order accordingly. Keep me posted on future reads...thanks again! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily  Glad she's enjoying the Dahlia books... They are the definition of 'charming'.

Valued Contributor

My Earth Origin TSV boots just arrived and I'm loving them!!! I understand they have nylon panels but the rest is all leather so it's a great value and they seem comfortable, for $100 including shipping and taxes! The chocolate brown color is great too. I already have black boots from Ecco but they are tighter and don't feel too comfortable if I have to wear them for 10 hrs at the office.

Also, I really like the GILI jacket. Considering keeping it after all...but gotta see if I can fix those wrinkles first. They aren't that bad and quality seems fine plus my size is ok. And you can barely notice the nylon panels on the sleeves. Really don't get so many negative reviews and I think they are affecting my decision to keep it...
Valued Contributor

Don't know who rodneysmom is, but her review of the gili jacket is great!
" Was worried about the sizing of these jackets after reading many of the reviews....but I stuck with my regular G.I.L.I. size (4) and ordered in black,chocolate,cloud and ivy- they fit perfectly. I also ordered the indigo but did not like the color so returned. I think this jacket actually looks better wearing it more form fitting vs. getting larger in order to fit a sweater or something thicker under the jacket. The style of this jacket lends itself to being worn with lighter, thinner tops , not bulky sweaters , due to it's unique style . You could almost wear this AS your top with just a light cami, tank or thin sleeved shirt or sleeveless sheath dress under it, as it makes such a statement all by itself. The leather is quite different which is also a great feature that sets it apart from other leather jackets. I think the ivy color is the most stunning but love the other more neutral colors as well. Add the 5 easy pays to this and this jacket is a winner! "
Honored Contributor

Hey there TK @tough_kitty, glad you're loving your new boots!