Valued Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

For the record, I did like the bag and the jacket. I just don't think they are worth $200-300... I'd keep them if they were $100 each Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Hello, it has turned hot here again. I was hoping for the cool weather to last a few days longer.

We have been working on the front of the house. Couldn't believe how many bags of top soil it took to fill up the ditch in front of the house.

It will be pretty when we are done. We have put brick half way up and will put the siding vertical. We saw it on another house and it looked really nice.

I don't remember if I said that we had changed the shutters from forest green to black.

Looks great on the almond siding.

Our friend will be spraying the texture on all the walls downstairs on Friday.

Our new kitchen cabinets should be in soon. I can't wait.

I have been buying Danskin tops at Walmart. They are just plain but so soft. And wash like a dream.

Hope everyone is doing wonderfulHeart

I am so excited for you, SGH @Sister Golden Hair!

This home remodel sounds beautiful! Black shutters on almond siding with the brick half way up sounds rich looking!

I am thinking that it must be difficult to do all of this work, dirt and all, in this extremely hot humid weather!

Thinking of you and wishing you a lot of cool water to drink, EEL

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

What connector ring are you talking about @Serendipity?  And when you say more things showing up, we assume you mean at your house...

Here it is: http://www.qvc.com/Barbara-Bixby-Sterling-&-18K-Peridot-OpeningCircle-Link.product.J340799.html?sc=J...

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb LOL. I meant online! (But tht other possibliy may not be so far off in a few days...) There are the connector rings, a few silver bead necklaces, and some other items I haven't seen before. They may just be new to me, but they weren't there before this last BB show. And the peridot one says new. I wonder too, EEL, if they just didn't get there in time. I think the connector rings are meant for things like those silver bead necklaces that don't have any rings, or to substitute out a gem or a rose gold on the ones one already has? Maybe more necklaces will show up. There's one connector that the flower is sideways, which I don't understand at all. And there's some space beads that I might get depending on the next few days. We'll see... 

I don't know, Serendipity @Serendipity. I don't think the "mystery connectors" are for me! Too mysterious...

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb More BB items showing up, including a new connector ring with peridot. I'm still waiting for my items! Smiley Very Happy

I totally cannot figure out this peridot connector ring, Serendipity @Serendipity. I wonder if it's supposed to be used to connect those peridot flower necklaces if you bought two? I also wonder if it was supposed to be shown in the recent BB shows but didn't arrive in time. In any case, welcome back after a few days away! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily Thanks! Been a long week, I can't wait for the long weekend. Nope, you wouldn't need an additional ring to connect two of those. I have two and use the rings they came with. I also wear them on one ring nestled like BB suggested (if you got the longer and shorter length it works really well that way). I just love these station necklaces. If the eastern and grasshopper don't work out, I may go back for more. They bring me lots of love and joy! Lots! I wish the garnet would be restocked soon. 

Keep us posted on Eastern and the grasshopper @Serendipity! And when you tell us about the grasshopper, let us know if you chose the larger one or the smaller. You are funny about the flower station necklaces bringing you lots of love and joy! Maybe literally? Woman WinkWoman LOL P.S. If I'm right, please don't tell me...TMI, you know...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I got this enamel Bixby ring a while back, as I think did TK...  I debated about it, even once it arrived, but I've been wearing it lately and really love this ring...

Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Blue Enamel Ring - J321435

What color is the enamel, stevieb @stevieb? It looks brown?

EEL, it's a very pretty dark blue. It's coming up blue on my PC so don't know what that's about...

Well, it's a good thing I have scheduled my yearly eye exam!!! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Tell us if you like the green tooled leather handbag, stevieb @stevieb. Maybe you haven't opened it yet?

Haven't opened it yet...  Saw it for less than I paid elsewhere, but fortunately, not for a lot less and I got a reasonably good deal on it... Too bad if I don't like it, because it's now been sitting here for a whle.

Get it opened and send it back if it's not right, Ethel! Your pal, Lucy Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

Tell us if you like the green tooled leather handbag, stevieb @stevieb. Maybe you haven't opened it yet?

Oh for heaven's sake, @stevieb, open somehing, anything already. Since we haven't been buying handbags we need to live vicariously. Can't you see @EdithEllenLily is about to burst? Heart

Now LOOK @Serendipity I reposted the Humphrey bag, which she's seen before and she's still having a meltdown... I'm just not sure I want to be responsible for any fall out that might ensue.

Woman Very Happy

I've already had nuclear and survived in isolation, so no more meltdowns will happen -- not to worry! I am, however, quite tickled to know the name of this Lauren Ralph Lauren Humphrey handbag! It will be fun to search for it every so often...Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:
@Serendipity  I've found some beautiful Italian leather, Italian made (not Italian leather, but made in China) bags in out of the way shops for a few hundred (not thousand) dollars and I suspect they're every bit as fine and nicely made as these big ticket purses... It is a shame you didn't buy a bag while there, but if you look around, sometimes you happen across things that are off the beaten path but that really rock...  

@stevieb I will keep my eye out for non-China bags. I'm so tired of seeing loose or overrun stitching and bad zippers and the like. Years ago, one could get Italian, Spanish, Brazilian made leather goods in Mexico. Those shoes would just mold to your feet. I wore them into the ground so to speak. But I don't travel there anymore. Again, never bought a handbag there. Sigh. 

@Serendipity  Believe it or not, up until a few years ago, I was finding gorgeous Italian bags at discount shops around here, like TJ Maxx, but they now appear to be on the 'mid range, run of the mill' bandwagon (still nice bags, but nothing really special)... Now days, I find fabulous bags in smaller boutique type stores. I think about that brick red hobo I've been telling EEL about...  It's not a famous designer name, but I'd put it up next to most of them as far as style and quality...  and yet it was four hundred, not four thousand. Luckily, I got it at a big discount, so I didn't even pay four hundred for it... I have a number of beautifull, French, Spanish and Italian bags I picked up for several hundred each at TJ Maxx, but again, this was several years ago, before they became just another outlet for Michael Kors and Kate Spade. 

I'm glad you got a good deal on your beautiful red woven, stevieb @stevieb! It's nice to have friends who have a jewelry store with handbags and other pretty items!! Lucky you, EEL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity  I actually love that bracelet in the ivory option too. I love ivory enamel and I also love white gemstones like agate and coral... It's lovely in both colors. If the ivory choice was on EP, I'd be quite tempted. I have some pretty white gemstone rings that bracelet would look great with.

Does it occur to you that once again, it would appear we've been abandoned...?

Woman Tongue

"Abandoned" but never forgotten, stevieb @steviebHeart EEL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity  I actually love that bracelet in the ivory option too. I love ivory enamel and I also love white gemstones like agate and coral... It's lovely in both colors. If the ivory choice was on EP, I'd be quite tempted. I have some pretty white gemstone rings that bracelet would look great with.

@stevieb With the flecks of gold too. Yep. Lovely. On a different side, I'm still eying the mermaid. I now see the pearl as a perch that she's on.

It's a very beatiful piece. For me, it's just too much, too large, but it's clearly an amazing piece of art. As for me, I'm still considering the white paisley piece. I also like the crescent moon, the love birds key, and the carved lock charm, among others. I love her keys.

OMG, I love her keys, too. @stevieb, do you remember her small keys that were a TSV a few years ago (in 2010)? I bought all three of them and two faceted garnet necklaces and a tourmaline heart locket. It's a bolder look (not quite Mr. T though) that I wear in the fall/winter with a plain turtleneck. Very cool and one of my favorite BB sets! Woman Happy