Esteemed Contributor

Re: Handbags, Mystery Trips and so on... 3Q-2015

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@tough_kitty@Sister Golden Hair    Good morning everyone!  Where did everyone go?  Is stevieb on one of her mystery trips?  How about everyone else?  There wasn't much action aouround here last night either.

Hi BC @Boehm Collector! I've been whooshing around this weekend but I'm home in time to watch the Barbara Bixby show in about 20 minutes! Time to get on my jammies and slippers...EEL Woman Happy

Hi EEL @EdithEllenLily   how is your back???  Hope you are feeling better.  Best, Maria

Esteemed Contributor

I watched about 10 minutes of the BB shoe last night.  They were showing an enhancer: Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K 1.20 ct tw Multi-Gemstone Heart Enhancer - J321088.  I thought it was lovely.. but not for $460.00.  I've never purchased any BB or JR, etc jewelry, even though there are some lovely pieces,  because I just prefer either 14K or 18K yellow gold jewelry.  But with the prices of gold lately I have not purchased much.  The last time I purchased any jewelry was back in March.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@tough_kitty@Sister Golden Hair    Good morning everyone!  Where did everyone go?  Is stevieb on one of her mystery trips?  How about everyone else?  There wasn't much action aouround here last night either.

Hi BC @Boehm Collector! I've been whooshing around this weekend but I'm home in time to watch the Barbara Bixby show in about 20 minutes! Time to get on my jammies and slippers...EEL Woman Happy

Hi EEL @EdithEllenLily   how is your back???  Hope you are feeling better.  Best, Maria

Hi BC @Boehm Collector! Thank you, my back is much better! It's still not 100%...I would say it's 70%, but I'll take it! In the past, it's taken a month to fully recover. I'm still wearing my black back brace and going on the heating pad occasionally when I'm home. Thank you for the well wishes, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

BC @Boehm Collector, what about you? Are you mostly healed by now over the treadmill ordeal? I forgot to ask! Woman Embarassed EEL

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

BC @Boehm Collector, what about you? Are you mostly healed by now over the treadmill ordeal? I forgot to ask! Woman Embarassed EEL

Hi @EdithEllenLily..... yes, I am back to normal. Thanks for asking.  Actually the swelling and bruising went away relatively quickly.  I read somewhere that argan oil speeds up healing so I applied it twice a day.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ouch, EEL @EdithEllenLily Sorry to hear about your back. As one who also suffers from a bum back and neck, I can commiserate. Good that you're feeling better... 

I had predicted that you'd fallen off the bag wagon...  Do I know my stuff or what!! Unfortunately, it appears none of us, except for Maria, has been able to hang tough... It looks like we really are going to need a far larger bench...

@stevieb@EdithEllenLily   Believe me it has NOT been easy!!!  Found these bags I really like:

Coach

35961_listn_a0.jpeg

35983_lisad_a0.jpeg

36026_lioxb_a0.jpeg

36312_listn_a0.jpeg

Pretty bags, Maria @Boehm Collector... Oddly, I'm particulalry liking the Coach, especially the color blocked satchel and the maroon hobo... though the strap attachment to that last off-white satchel is unusual and very pretty...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ouch, EEL @EdithEllenLily Sorry to hear about your back. As one who also suffers from a bum back and neck, I can commiserate. Good that you're feeling better... 

I had predicted that you'd fallen off the bag wagon...  Do I know my stuff or what!! Unfortunately, it appears none of us, except for Maria, has been able to hang tought... It looks like we really are going to need a far larger bench...

Thank you, stevieb @stevieb. Yes, when I read your post about me buying handbags, this was me: Woman Embarassed But no, I don't need the bench, because I don't want to be anywhere near that place! I'll just happily frolic in my badness in Chicagoland...Woman TongueWoman Wink

Well EEL @EdithEllenLily, if it's any consolation, I pulled a muscle in my thigh either at the gym or at the pool and doing my own share of hobbling around... Sometimes, I think I'm ready for the glue factory...

Woman Surprised

@stevieb  ouch!!!  Hope you are feeling better.  Guess I am not the only one injured while exercising.  And I thought exercising was supposed to be good for you!!! I think I will have to join you at the glue factory.  LOL  

Yes, thanks EEL @EdithEllenLily, though still tentative, my thigh (or whatever...) is feeling a good bit better...

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi BC @Boehm Collector! Thank you, my back is much better! It's still not 100%...I would say it's 70%, but I'll take it! In the past, it's taken a month to fully recover. I'm still wearing my black back brace and going on the heating pad occasionally when I'm home. Thank you for the well wishes, EEL Woman Happy

Ugh.. the dreaded back brace .... I've had to use one myself on occasion.  The first time I started having problems with my back.... when I was in my early 30's... I had to wear one for 3 months.  But I am glad you are starting to feel better.  Sometimes my back problems are triggered by stress.  Last year I had to deal with a particularly difficult client.  She always (wrongfully) accused me of awful things ..... luckily I had email responses from her that proved she was lying.  Never did as instructed which caused serious problems that I was forced to deal with, etc, etc.  I started representing her in April of 2014..... finished working on on file in August 2014.  Once I was finished with her the back pain began easing.  It was the worst pain I had had in years.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb ....... Making some progress towards getting my Mom's vintage Gucci repaired.  I have actually gotten a box it will fit in and brought it to my office.  It has been sitting there for about a week.  Eventually I will actually pack it up and ship it.

Maria @Boehm Collector we'll be very curious to see how it turns out! Hoping it'll be like having a whole new high end bag!

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Edith, so glad to see you, we have been missing youHeart

Went shopping yesterday, but didn't find anything at my magic store. I'm still thinking about the black Brahmin for $95.00. Great price.

We did go to Dillards and saw the green Brahmin, lovely color. What I really wanted was the travel tote in the Brahmin, sweet.

Big sale there but didn't buy anything. Saw the Patricia Nash handbags, quite nice but not my thing.

There was a cute SAK bag but in the same color as my Deena, so I didn't get. Now I wish I would because the price was good. Oh well. It was only $30.00.

My sister-in-law did buy a large handbag (may have been for a laptop) at the magic store, brand new. It was from Coldwater Creek. I need to look it up to see how well she did.

I did make some money from my magic store so I collected. I did take in a couple of handbags that I didn't love to sell. I know shockerSmiley Surprised

One was a no name nice leather forest green bag but only had short straps,  so I didn't carry it much. The other was a stone mountain that I never carried.

We are going shopping again tomorrow. We couldn't find my sister-in-law any shoes to fit.

I haven't read all the past posts yet to see what kind of trouble everyone is getting in toSmiley LOL

Sister @Sister Golden Hair sorry there was no magic to be had this trip, but one feels certain that over time you'll more than make up for it...

Woman Very Happy